Cerbera's Rockin' GIF Tips

55 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

There are other ways of course that are more precise. Stitch'n'Sew, center slice and weld is a more defined way to quad cap things.

I like it, so they don't nessecarily have to be of a uniform size, i guess that depends what you are gonna do with em afterwards. Weather or not displacing etc. I do a lot of displacing :)

Deck

1 hour ago, deck said:

I like it, so they don't nessecarily have to be of a uniform size, i guess that depends what you are gonna do with em afterwards. Weather or not displacing etc. I do a lot of displacing :)

Deck

Ah yes if displacement is in your plans, then absolute polygon regularity is god, so that second way would be rubbish for that :)

CBR

Hey Cafe

OK - this one should be slower ! And only the 30 steps to get through :)

Here's an interesting one. One of my favourite modellers in the world is Arrimus on YouTube. He does video requests over there, and recently showed how he'd make this Art Deco Spiral Staircase in 3DS Max. So props to him for inspiration ! 

Arty-staircase.thumb.jpg.133ff29771a07165b1ed5c55b1e66b10.jpg

Now, we don't have sexy Max tools like 'generate topology' that he used, so we have to go a different way. In R19, that's very easy now, and this alternative C4D method is 'almost' entirely procedural (and with a few changes would be 100% so !) so retains key advantages over the Max equivalent. So you will need R19 for this, but if you have that, let's get in there, and start with some splines...

Art_Deco_Stairs.thumb.gif.9a1a0b672d0faf612a09a75f6b344cf8.gif

CBR

PS I expect a bollocking from @VECTOR about this one, but trying to preserve quads on a Voronoi fracture is a fart in a hurricane, so that's my excuse ;)

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Hey Cafe

OK - this one should be slower ! And only the 30 steps to get through :)

Here's an interesting one. One of my favourite modellers in the world is Arrimus on YouTube. He does video requests over there, and recently showed how he'd make this Art Deco Spiral Staircase in 3DS Max. So props to him for inspiration ! 

Arty-staircase.thumb.jpg.133ff29771a07165b1ed5c55b1e66b10.jpg

Now, we don't have sexy Max tools like 'generate topology' that he used, so we have to go a different way. In R19, that's very easy now, and this alternative C4D method is 'almost' entirely procedural (and with a few changes would be 100% so !) so retains key advantages over the Max equivalent. So you will need R19 for this, but if you have that, let's get in there, and start with some splines...

Art_Deco_Stairs.thumb.gif.9a1a0b672d0faf612a09a75f6b344cf8.gif

CBR

PS I expect a bollocking from @VECTOR about this one, but trying to preserve quads on a Voronoi fracture is a fart in a hurricane, so that's my excuse ;)

Utter disgrace, bow one's head in shame! 

22 hours ago, MJohnny said:

Back in the days withou HB tools, I did my caps like this.

Best case scenario, you have similar size quads on your caps. HB bundle handles this perfectly.

cap.jpg

except like this you're left with a big fat pole in the centre, you can just make the cap into a grid like format

3 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

except like this you're left with a big fat pole in the centre, you can just make the cap into a grid like format

...although technically that doesn't matter on a flat surface unless you are us ;)

CBR

• Guest pinned and featured this topic
  • Guest unfeatured this topic
  • Guest featured and unpinned this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community