Export Dynamic Animation to Element 3D

nandoki

I did an animation inside of Cinema 4D (tutorial of animation you can see here:

and I want to export the result to Element 3D (OBJ Sequence).
My question is: how can I convert it WITH animation to editable polygons to make OBJ Sequence? Can I convert to polygons INSIDE Riptide Pro or I have to convert BEFORE using Riptide?
I didn't find option inside Riptide.

I tried 2 ways:
- inside C4D: if I convert simply selecting all objects ->Convert to editable polygons = loosing animation
- Riptide Pro: if I export with Riptide (without converting to editable polygons), the objects inside of OBJ Sequence imported to Element 3D are invisible.

Please, help me, that is very important for me!

Thank you,

nandoki

Hi there

It's a tricky question but there might be a solution. 

There are two plugins that are good to bake animations (SteadyBake and Nitrobake). Those plugins convert animated objects with deformers/ mograph etc into animated mesh, (PLA) wich is basicly the same of a obj sequence.

Another method is export your animations as Alembic and then import the alembic and try to convert it into an obj sequence. It's an odd method but essencially you use the abc file as a bake format.

hope it helps

Jbatista

• 3 years later...
On 3/2/2018 at 12:37 PM, nandoki said:

I did an animation inside of Cinema 4D (tutorial of animation you can see here:

and I want to export the result to Element 3D (OBJ Sequence).
My question is: how can I convert it WITH animation to editable polygons to make OBJ Sequence? Can I convert to polygons INSIDE Riptide Pro or I have to convert BEFORE using Riptide?
I didn't find option inside Riptide.

I tried 2 ways:
- inside C4D: if I convert simply selecting all objects ->Convert to editable polygons = loosing animation
- Riptide Pro: if I export with Riptide (without converting to editable polygons), the objects inside of OBJ Sequence imported to Element 3D are invisible.

Please, help me, that is very important for me!

Thank you,

nandoki

Hi just eport it to FBX then import the fbx in a new c4d file and the save that file as c4d file... then next step, open the c4d file directly in element 3d and voila!