very nice tutorial, just like bezo i was lost at a pretty early stage, i just suck too hard at math :D .... unfortunately i'm pretty sure MAXON won't get rid of the priority thing anytime soon... it's just a pain in the a**, you're not alone ;) on complex character rigs it's almost impossible to keep track of them and it always ends up in randomly changing values until everything works properly. order of operations is really a thing a 3D program should be able to figure out by itself. i would trade that feature for all others together that might be coming with r20, seriously. 

• 2 years later...

@pdeb I made a bicycle type 2 cogs + a chain scene a while ago. It's not exactly a tank track, bur the math is the same. For my scene, I drew an approximate spline, measured the length in XPresso, then tweaked the spline so the length was an integer multiple of the link size. The math for the cog sync with the track cloner is in the zip file.

chain.zip

might help....

Thanks so much Jed, I'm getting there with my Xpresso setup after Cairyn's trig refresher 🙂 then (not shown) using the tracer and spline mask to combine - the priority even seems to be mostly correct somehow.

I'll keep at it, thanks again, P

preview.gif

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community