Scroll2Object

dast

A member over at CGTalk requested a way to select an object in the viewport and let the Object Manager automatically update its view to show the selected object, no matter the dense hierarchy.

There is, by default, in the Object Manager's menu an entry "Scroll to First Active" which can be called using the shortcut key "S".

I created a small plugin to perform this automatically, and also provided an option to enable or disable this behaviour. The option is added into the Object Manager's menu, as a toggle entry right after the "Scroll to First Active". Enabled by default.

Included zip file should be extracted into the plugins folder.

Scroll2Object v12.zip (works with R16 upto R23)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ANAFREE said:

Thank you C4DS your plugin is very helpful for me

Glad it's useful.

And thanks for providing feedback. Very much appreciated.

I wish everyone downloading and using this and other plugins would do so, as it provides the motivation to work on other plugins.

I am providing an update to the plugin, which resolves an issue I encountered when performing a "Revert to Saved ...".

(updated plugin provided in first post)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
12 hours ago, SteSong said:

thanks

I will try to provide a fix later today.

EDIT: new version available in first post.

I haven't tested it with S22, S24 ... so if anyone is willing to test and report back if it works (or not), it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone is willing to create some visual representation for this plugin as a 500x500 pixel banner/icon, I can then add it to the download section.

3 hours ago, SteSong said:

Scroll2Object v12 still not work R23

Your profile mentions R19.053. Does it work on that version?

In the Cinema4D console (Shift-F10) you should see a welcome message from the plugin.

Something in the likes of "Scroll2Object v1.2 - ready".

If you see this, then you will need to explain in more detail what does not work.

If you see "unsupported version" then you're unlucky to have a not supported Cinema4D version. Up to now this seemingly only has been reported by people using cracked Cinema4D.

47 minutes ago, SteSong said:

yes,i see"unsupported version". i use cracked Cinema4D R23.

Well, that's your decision.

But I then would suggest to use your R19 as the plugin works there for you.

• 4 months later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community