Jump to content

EasyUV (R16-R21 only)


dast

Recommended Posts

EasyUV is based on my Seamilar plugin, but as a younger sibling with less features.

It mainly focuses on the ease of unwrapping UVs, using the specifically created Seam Tool.

 

451650889_EasyUVBanner.png.bec33a6712eabbff3ba507f4332f17c2.png

 

A small list (not final) of the differences between EasyUV and Seamilar:

956623793_FeaturesEasyUVvsSeamilar.png.62e06e88a9c5d0e7ff4fb3d38ef7c43e.png

 

Available for R16-R21 Windows and macOS.

Latest version (v1.4 beta 1) available in the download section.

 

Some demonstration videos

Main overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2MsXwQNXY

Export UV canvas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKDSk6sbXk

Bounding Box Transformation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN1z0-B1Oqg

 

 

Link to post
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EasyUV is based on my Seamilar plugin, but as a younger sibling with less features. It mainly focuses on the ease of unwrapping UVs, using the specifically created Seam Tool.    

Few months have past since last message. While no one reported being interested I have provided the plugin in the download section, free of charge (donations as token of support are always welcome and

Thanks.  I added more detail and posted on the link.  I think it is UV islands stacking.

Posted Images

The biggest thing I feel the UV tools are missing in C4D is the ability to easily have different geometry with the same number and configuration of polygon to automatically overlap.  A single polygon can be set to overlap in C4D, but not anything with more than one poly.

Link to post
On 12/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, Fastbee said:

The biggest thing I feel the UV tools are missing in C4D is the ability to easily have different geometry with the same number and configuration of polygon to automatically overlap.  A single polygon can be set to overlap in C4D, but not anything with more than one poly.

Since EasyUV is meant having very limited features, it would be better to provide your specific requests into the Seamilar plugin discussion here

And could you then please elaborate on your request a little further. Are you referring to "stacking" of UV islands?

Link to post
14 hours ago, C4DS said:

Since EasyUV is meant having very limited features, it would be better to provide your specific requests into the Seamilar plugin discussion here

And could you then please elaborate on your request a little further. Are you referring to "stacking" of UV islands?

Thanks.  I added more detail and posted on the link.  I think it is UV islands stacking.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

With all my other plugins converted to R20, and temporarily out of the way before I start adding new features, I wanted to spent some time on finalizing EasyUV.

As a first step I wanted to get the plugin working for R16-R19. Step 2 would be to port it to macOS. And final two steps would be to port it to R20 on Windows, then to R20 on macOS.

Quite some work ahead.

For Seamilar I had created all icons in a drawing application. But this time around I wanted to model them, as I figured it would be faster to adjust. As well as reuse and interchange parts between icons. And it allowed my to finally learn how to use the Takes system inside Cinema 4D.

As each icon is a different Take I could "simply" set up all the Takes and then perform a single "Render Takes". And all would be output as 32x32 bitmaps at the press of a single button, for perspective or top-view cameras.

 

1183583663_Iconsscattered.thumb.png.4a831ccd8bbab812c9b6d49cb8b8e665.png

 

The scattering of the icons is maybe not that artistic, but I found it nice looking ... and it helped to take my mind of from all the coding I had been doing all day long.

With step 1 completed it's time to take the next one.

 

 

 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, C4DS said:

With all my other plugins converted to R20, and temporarily out of the way before I start adding new features, I wanted to spent some time on finalizing EasyUV.

As a first step I wanted to get the plugin working for R16-R19. Step 2 would be to port it to macOS. And final two steps would be to port it to R20 on Windows, then to R20 on macOS.

Quite some work ahead.

For Seamilar I had created all icons in a drawing application. But this time around I wanted to model them, as I figured it would be faster to adjust. As well as reuse and interchange parts between icons. And it allowed my to finally learn how to use the Takes system inside Cinema 4D.

As each icon is a different Take I could "simply" set up all the Takes and then perform a single "Render Takes". And all would be output as 32x32 bitmaps at the press of a single button, for perspective or top-view cameras.

 

1183583663_Iconsscattered.thumb.png.4a831ccd8bbab812c9b6d49cb8b8e665.png

 

The scattering of the icons is maybe not that artistic, but I found it nice looking ... and it helped to take my mind of from all the coding I had been doing all day long.

With step 1 completed it's time to take the next one.

 

 

 

Yes, Takes are really powerful with this kind if workflow.

Link to post
1 hour ago, bezo said:

Yes, Takes are really powerful with this kind if workflow.

All I really needed was a way to render each separate icon with the same render settings, to the same folder, but with different filenames. In the end I only figured out a solution by creating a Take for each icon, manually naming the Take by the icon name it represents, and then using the Take name in the render settings.

But then I figured I could step it up a little, as some icons were created using a perspective camera, while others with a simple top-down camera. With the Takes system, I could easily specify which camera to use.

In the "old" days, I would have manually selected the appropriate camera, select the appropriate objects, hide the not-needed objects, change the output name in the render settings ...  and press render. Rinse and repeat for all icons.

It was a quick set up with Takes, but I need to use it more often in order to create some "muscle memory", as I already have forgotten how to do it.

 

OK ... back on topic now.

 

Link to post

Coming from Modo I could throw in 100 Points of missing UV Features.. But I think easyUV is a must have for C4D.

What I often  need is selecting some objects and apply a predefined projection on them. Like planar or Box.

This can be done with the core tools, but if you need to edit elements the core tools are more pain then help. Especially when working with non-square textures.

Anyhow before buying, I would like to know more of the tool. Like how to edit existing UVs and how the performance is. And if you can back the easyUV tag into a normal UV tag.

Link to post
15 hours ago, RobertL said:

.. I would like to know more of the tool. Like how to edit existing UVs and how the performance is. And if you can back the easyUV tag into a normal UV tag.

I am planning to create some videos to demonstrate the available features of this plugin. Intended for beginners, as this is whom this plugin was focused for. However, since EasyUV is heavily based on Seamilar, the basic UV editing (move/rotate/scale) of points, edges, polygons and island is similar. You could thus check out the video created for Seamilar to get an idea how these tools are used.

The original move, rotate and scale philosophy from the native core UV tools was kept. As such, these 3 operations use 3 different tools, each with their icon and Attribute Manager settings.

 

In a future update I intend to merge these 3 tools into a single tool, as I myself have encountered scenarios where it would optimize the workflow in a great way having this single transform tool instead of the current separate actions. As said, this is future, so this should not

be taken into account for your current decision making to use this plugin or not.

 

As for the EasyUV tag versus the regular UVW tag: note that the EasyUV tag only stores the information related to seams and UV islands, the actual UV editing does happen on the regular UVW tag.

 

Link to post
  • dast changed the title to EasyUV (R16-R21 only)
  • Igor featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • LATEST ACTIVITIES

    1. 0

      Horizontal tearing in Sketch and Toon renders

    2. 0

      Picture viewer much brighter than viewport

    3. 4

      Make a hat fall through the air with controlable turbulence, lift and wind???

    4. 3

      Corona Renderer 7

    5. 4

      Make a hat fall through the air with controlable turbulence, lift and wind???

×
×
  • Create New...

Copyright Core 4D © 2021 Powered by Invision Community