Redshift Test Skin/Hair Tyrion

Rectro

Hi guys.

After seeing Redshift was on sale I thought id give it a go with the demo.  I picked my last render to compare it with so used the same scene.  It took me a good while to translate things which its still 100% but I think it makes a comparable render to Vray Alsurface.  Vray Alsurface took 5hours,  Redshift took 2hr 3min.  Same multi pass setup and basic post.

Cpu 5930k 6core "4.3ghz

GPU GTX 780 g6b

7n9XrCx.jpg

OLocXxf.jpg

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

Yea Im thinking of getting it, Chaosgroup has left me with a render engine that I cant use by r21 onwards unless I keep going back to older version of C4D all the time.  IPR is nice to have for sure, and like you said a GTX 1070 to down the line will speed it up even more.

Its hard to convert a scene when its tailored for another render engine.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

5 hours ago, zeden said:

I can only recommend not going lower than a 1080 ti 11gb with GPU rendering. Better a used 1080 or Titan X or even make the move to the 2080s. AMDs I don’t know

What impact does the gpu memory have, was thinking of 2x gtx 1070ti when I can afford them but get a single 1070ti now?

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

If the scene fits in card memory... 6, 8, or 11 GB won't matter.

11GB is better - you can handle bigger scenes without needing Redshift to use out of core memory - which will slow things down - but unless you're dealing with huge geometry and multiple massive texture maps an 8GB card will do fine.

I recently rendered 8 million instances (circa 25 billion polys) on my 3x 1070 Ti's (8GB) without a problem ; )

• 2 years later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community