Copy and paste pose morph keys?

HI,

Is there a quick way to copy and paste pose morph facial animation from an identical model to another?  We have a face animation solution which involves bringing in an un-rigged figure as an fbx.

I see that you can paste individual tracks but there is no  'paste identical'  even when laying down empty tracks in the un-animated model? 

Re-connecting blend shapes or pasting tracks seems like a very slow process.

I really want to avoid having to re-bind a model every time?

Thanks you 

Jools

HI Jools.

You bring up pose morphs and tracks, these are different things so which one do you want to apply facial animation with.  Pose morphs, if the mesh is the same the putting a copy of the pose morph onto the imported model should work fine if they are the same point order.  Tracks,  I assume you mean PLA data thats been baked down?

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

14 hours ago, Rectro said:

HI Jools.

You bring up pose morphs and tracks, these are different things so which one do you want to apply facial animation with.  Pose morphs, if the mesh is the same the putting a copy of the pose morph onto the imported model should work fine if they are the same point order.  Tracks,  I assume you mean PLA data thats been baked down?

Dan

The poses are driven as individual tracks with key frames on the pose morph tag. For example 'Jaw_Open', 'Eye_left_blink' etc etc.  All the face shapes acting together.

You bring up pose morphs and tracks, these are different things so which one do you want to apply facial animation with.

Do you mean in the animation dope sheet sorry please clarify this?

Thank you for your reply.

21 minutes ago, digitvisions said:

Hi , maybe this will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0c-MQmBmc

This looks great, but I'm not sure how I'd use it in my context. I already have my blend shapes but the data 'keyframe data' is not captured on the new model.  

The figures face shapes have to be captured on an identical model, then copied to a new identical model with the same existing blend shapes. 

Will have a look at the two suggestions later.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, Rectro said:

Thats what I mentioned in my post, thought maybe you tried that already?  "if the mesh is the same the putting a copy of the pose morph onto the imported model should work fine" :lol:

HI Yes, I thought that is what you meant as well.  But do you have to re-link them under the advanced tag?

21 hours ago, joolsd said:

HI Yes, I thought that is what you meant as well.  But do you have to re-link them under the advanced tag?

The Pose morph advanced tag is linked to separate meshes, this link should remain providing them same meshes are in the same scene however you dont need to keep them links unless you intent to change them meshes.  Clicking on the small triangle and clearing the link makes the pose morph independant and copies the morph data to that morph layer.  Providing the two meshes that is to have the same pose morph are identical in point order it should be the case of copying the pose morph tag from one to the other.

Dan

ArtStation    Website 

On 2/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, Rectro said:

The Pose morph advanced tag is linked to separate meshes, this link should remain providing them same meshes are in the same scene however you dont need to keep them links unless you intent to change them meshes.  Clicking on the small triangle and clearing the link makes the pose morph independant and copies the morph data to that morph layer.  Providing the two meshes that is to have the same pose morph are identical in point order it should be the case of copying the pose morph tag from one to the other.

Dan

Ok apologies for the late respones. This sounds great. It is a balance at the moment between doing a very simple rebind, however if I do a lot of weight painting the   pose morph method would be much better.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community