Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

cinomadic

11 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

So despite what everyone is talking about, the line in the sand is not today (9/1/2019) but rather whenever R22 is released.  That will be the big decision point for everyone because right now life is normal...we are all under the MSA program one last time and paying what we paid in the past.  The big decision point is next year and that is why MAXON is listening to us today.

Many have already made their decision. With MAXON offering their weakest release in history, that made the choice easy. If you feel that strongly about it, giving them your money seems hypocritical.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:34 PM, hvanderwegen said:

That is easily resolved: select a vertex, hit the delete key, navigate to the Vertices entry, and right-mouse click that entry. Then assign your own custom shortcut key. I assigned backspace myself to quickly delete vertices.

I will try that 🙂 Thanks for sharing this.
Have you used blender for a long time? 

As for tomorrows update on C4D R21.. I decided to wait and not upgrade 😞 Even though I am using still version R18, which is stable with the tons of plugins I've bought... and at the same time, I will keep trying to use blender, since their character animation with 3D and 2D combined seems quite interesting. 

I will wait to see what people has to say about the improvements in R21, specially when it comes to character animation, and not including the whole mixamo thing...  but its core. 

On 9/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, 3D-Pangel said:

So if MAXON is truly listening, then let your voice be heard over the next year. 

Dave

I don't care anymore what they do. It's Blender me for me now and I'm glad about that.

Well I can download my perpetual r21 - but not that excited. Especially with broken plugins. On CGTalk they say the denoiser doesn't work well with animations (they said it causes blotchiness)- that was a feature I thought I might like. I'm trying to be interested but I guess I'm on r20 until they add something better to the mix.  Still wish they 'd get better algorithms for creating geometry (like other apps out there). I mean, it's a computer program, it is supposed to do the tedious work making clean meshes - not me. I feel just  "meh" about it all. C'mon MAXON, don't make us cheat on you.

Distracted 3D Animator.png

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have all the information I need. My guessing goes toward MAXON getting sold to Adobe next year. So that would also explain running out of MSA. The discount they giving you is a joke. As it means the last version running permanent will be R20, and that means that all the plugins might not work right (change of license model), so R19 is where you can stay save.

Anyway. For me its a clear signal to stop investing into C4D. If I want to get newer builds in the future, I always can jump into subscription, but then it will be forever. 

A freelancer that has changing project can't offer to pay for software that is not needed constantly. So subscription is fine, if its on a monthly rate, which might come. But even so it might be all in a Adobe package, and thats what scares me off. 

Case close, anyone wants to buy a license?

5 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

If that happens these 62 pages containing some fairly robust discussion will seem fairly tame to what's coming.

I hate to say it, but if C4D becomes part of  Adobe's Creative Cloud that is actually a better deal than what MAXON is giving us today.  Creative Cloud has more software options, cheaper price, true monthly billing plus cloud storage.  

It is truly a sad day when you start to prefer Adobe over MAXON.    What has become of this world?  

Dave 

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Hrvoje locked this topic