first try in cinema 4d

3 hours ago, babis tsourlis said:

is this better?

Yes !

Next step is to do the wing animation. If you try and do that with a simple up/down keyframed rotation, that will also look wrong, being far too slow, even with keyframes on every frame at 30 FPS, so we need to add blur somehow that will make it look like the wings are going fast enough. That could be done with Physical Render's own Motion blur, but that takes a VERY LONG TIME to render, so perhaps better to do it with a custom built 'blur object', which is a technique from the old cel animation days.

I'll see if I can find a tutorial on that, but feel free to search yourself as well, I don't have much time today...

CBR

1 hour ago, babis tsourlis said:

what if i set the frequency of vibrate very high at the rotation ??? And add some blur in after effects.

AFX can indeed do the motion blur, but I suspect the vibrate tag simply isn't up to providing the sort of movement you need on the wings, and certainly not the same ones you are using to randomize the overall flight motion. Flies wings do a 'beat' (a single cycle of 'up' and 'down', but actually a rather complicated circular movement), every 4 milliseconds, but if you do manage to get the rotation point in the right places, and set that sort of frequency, your viewport simply can't show it unless your frame rate is absolutely massive. Without any blur, this will just look 'wrong'. And so you just need to begin the test renders where you try something, render it out to AFX, add the blur, and see if what you get is realistic...if not, try something else, rinse and repeat until you do get something serviceable...

I suggest you do all those tests at medium distance on a single, otherwise stationary fly - if you can make it look good when is at that level of stillness and focus, it'll invariably be fine when moving at further distance...

CBR

For the wings render a single wing with some heavy duty motion blur till it looks right as a single frame.  Next use that as the texture for the wings.  It's works great and saves tons of time.  It also will save time in the final render since motion blur won't be needed.

On 8/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Cerbera said:

You can either keep your first ever video, but make it private so nobody else can see (so you can look back in a year and laugh) or you can just delete it an re-upload the better version ! :)

Vimeo also offers to update the video file only.

14 hours ago, babis tsourlis said:

guys, i m so pissed off with the blur thing. i rendered a scene with psysical render and motion blur. Is it so bad???

Did you try the method I mentioned?

Take one wing.  Have it move fast.  Render from so it is as flat as possible with motion blur.  Stick that on the wings and play with the movement without motion blur till it looks good.