R21: reenable internal Help-system?

Macgyver

On 12/6/2019 at 4:26 AM, Macgyver said:

How does this work?

I installed the update.

I unchecked the online checkbox (and before that the external browser checkbox)

I downloaded the correct language help package from Maxons website and unzipped it into the help-folder within my MAXON Cinema4D R21 folder.

Nothing.

Hey Macyver,

Have you installed the same help language as you're currently using for the C4D interface?

If you remove all plugins does it work?

Cheers,

Rick

On 12/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, RBarrett said:

Hey Macyver,

Have you installed the same help language as you're currently using for the C4D interface?

If you remove all plugins does it work?

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Rick,

yes, I installed the right help-files.

I just tried for several hours now. I deleted all Preference files in my library, deleted the MAXON folder in Applications and reinstalled Cinema 4D. In a clean installation I unchecked the relevant checkmarks in C4Ds preferences and restarted (with the unzipped help in the help-folder within the MAXON Cinema 4D R21 folder). It doesn’t work offline. The help-window stays completely blank.

Another thing: I also tried also installing the english help-files and changed the interface to english. I also restarted Cinema 4D. Also doesn’t work.

Any ideas? Or other people on MacOS 10.14 Mojave with this problem?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with the offline help system on High Sierra. At first the contextual help wasn't working either, but I was able to solve that problem by removing the Laubwerk plugin. Now contextual help works only when the online option is checked in preferences. I installed the offline help files in the help folder of my C4D R21 installation, but when I try to use the contextual help all I get is a blank window.

Thank you everyone at MAXON for bringing back the offline help. Just need to solve a few glitches now 🙂

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Macurt said:

Hello, sorry if this has been answered someplace else. But how is the offline help going for Mac users? I'm using R21.115 on 10.14.2. Still can't get offline help.

Any news on this?

The issue will be fixed in the next service release, which is coming soon.

Cheers,

Rick

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, iamnew said:

p.s. in 21.1 they added offline help? but again in a browser and not the old internal stuff?

No, exactly like it was before they changed it - internal, no browser !

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community