Dear Visitors

If your confirmation email doesn't arrive, give us some time while we manually approve your account. Support ticket is not necessary, we are checking new registrations regularly and approving if registration requirements are met.

Please read Rules & Guidelines before posting around Forums. Information we seek is minimal and in the end saves us a lot of time and we are able to provide solutions faster.

Please consider supporting us via Contributions for all the work we are doing. Contributing even with the smallest amount, will remove ALL AD's and unlock some nice features like being able to be Tipped for providing help, or file etc.

CINEMA 4D R21 VIEWPORT NOT SHOWING

fredcudjoe

Guest YAS

Rbl2NXH.jpeg

YESSS! I finally managed to see the Viewport, in C4D R24!

While it is very sluggish and not practical or something you would rely on for work, but I proved it is possible and this mere "achievement" is satisfying enough for me 🙂 and seeing this nice Viewport in use with new features I can try! 🙂

kDdWdgQ.jpeg

Here's what I did in steps:

1. First I installed VMware Workstation 16 Pro (Educational trial)), for me I installed Workstation Pro;

it has latest OpenGL support: "Workstation 16 Pro improves on the industry defining technology with DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 3D Accelerated graphics support,"

source: https://www.vmware.com/in/products/workstation-pro/workstation-pro-evaluation.html

2. Created a new Virtual Machine, and Installed a Windows 10;

3. I just copied the entire C4D folder I already installed on my system and pasted it on my virtual machine system; (You can try download C4D from your VM and install it from there);

4. Run C4D and explore the charm! 🙂 (ofc in the waiting to get a real upgraded machine🙂)

* For the record, I installed C4D R21 on my original machine, (not the VM one) and works nice. So starting from R21+ they do not show the Viewport when you modeling something, they only show when you press Render (Ctrl+R) your scene.

** I come across quite a bunch of click-bait fake content pseudo-fixes  bc this issue is quite popular!

On 9/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Guest YAS said:

I have this issue for R21+. My computer is a bit old (a 2010 model) and a lot of drivers etc. discontinued the support for it.
I'm aware that I need to upgrade for a whole new fresh computer -not just adding RAM or graphic cards to this out-dating one.
I post this here to let people know what works with what.

This screenshot shows both R21 (left) and R20 (right) running at the same time.

R20's viewport works without issues, while R21's viewport cannot show my 3D models unless I render it!

As you can see, both R21 and R20 require OpenGL 3.2. But R21 shows OpenGL not available, while R20 shows OpenGL 3.3 is available!

Now the question is why? Why R21 doesn't show it?

I don't get much of this technical stuff but, I can tell R21 no longer supports something! or R20 has files R20 is missing!

* While you can't ignore considering a hardware upgrade, I think there might still be some workaround hope to solve this viewport issue!

Z6ouSKo.jpeg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Copyright Core 4D © 2021 Powered by Invision Community