CINEMA 4D R21 VIEWPORT NOT SHOWING

Hello Guys,

I just installed Cinema 4d R21 smoothly but i launched it and realized my viewport is blank. it doesn't show anything but when i render, it shows.

i have uploaded  screenshots of the viewport , rendered version and my computer specifications.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Screenshot (117).png

Screenshot (118).png

Screenshot (119).png

Have you tried turning off the enhanced openGL feature? (in the viewport menu go Options -> enhanced OpenGL)
Or alternatively turning off openGL in the general preferences (Edit -> preferences -> OpenGL -> uncheck Hardware OpenGL)

Does the same problem occur if you switch your layout? (Window->Customization->Layouts)

3 hours ago, Embric said:

Have you tried turning off the enhanced openGL feature? (in the viewport menu go Options -> enhanced OpenGL)
Or alternatively turning off openGL in the general preferences (Edit -> preferences -> OpenGL -> uncheck Hardware OpenGL)

Does the same problem occur if you switch your layout? (Window->Customization->Layouts)

have done all that and its still blank. nothing shows in the viewport

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (132).png

I think you might be out of luck with your Intel HD2000: it only supports OpenGL up to version 3.1

Cinema4D 21 requires at least OpenGL 4.1. While C4D R20 also required OpenGL 4.0, the latest R21 might not be as forgiving. In short: you lucked out. Your HD2000 is not officially supported in R20.

The HD2000 is nine years old, and truly a bottom of the barrel graphics chip. I am amazed you have been able to do any 3d work on a system like that.

My suggestion would be to invest a little money in a new graphics card. Your system is a XPS 8300 Desktop model, and looking at the technical service manual, it doesn't provide that much space for a graphics card, so you should be careful what kind of card to get. Measure the available space before making a purchase.

A good inexpensive model would be the AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB. It will make a world of a difference compared to your current graphics chip (which, frankly, is outdated junk - sorry 🙂 ).

Your system main board sports one PCI Express x16 card slot, in which the new graphics card should be inserted. Check the service manual here:

https://data.technimax.cz/attach/artilky/xps-8300_service manual_en-us.pdf

Chapter 7 explains the process.

An additional advantage when installing a new dedicated GPU is that your current HD2000 chip gobbles up precious main RAM, which is then released to the OS (and C4D) to work with.

Also, if your Operating system is still running on a traditional hard drive (seeing that your computer is from 2011 chances are that it is), do yourself a favour and get a nice solid state drive (SSD), image your main hard drive, and clone your system on that new SSD drive. Finally, install a bit more memory, and it will feel like a new computer.

Anyway, looking at your current system spec, you've been extraordinarily lucky Cinema4D R20 runs on it.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community