X-Particles installation for R21?

• Customer

Has anyone installed/updated X-particles for R21 yet?

I just bought XP last earlier this year for R20. Was wandering what the process is for installing on R21. 

On the Insydium discord some users were experiencing issues with R21 freezing on loading after they installed XP. 

One guy saying he updated for his R20 version then copied that folders contents to R21 plugin folder. On that note, with R20 I installed all plugins in a new folder within the Pref location. From R20 we can create that plugins folder anywhere and just direct C4D to look in there?

• Customer
5 hours ago, Tavarino said:

I updated XP4 in R20 and then copied the folder in plugins from R20 to R21. This did not work - XP4 was not visible in R21. So I re-downloaded XP4 using the link within my Insydium Customer Account. That solved the problem.     

Ok great I'll just do the clean download 👍

• Customer
2 hours ago, Tavarino said:

Note that before downloading a fresh install, when I was struggling to get XP4 to show up in R21, I deactivated it in R20. Not sure whether this was a necessary step. 

Oh that's good to know. I wouldn't have thought about doing that. Thanks again, will give it a shot over the weekend

X-Particles 732 is compatible with R21 sure you can update in R20 and below and try to copy/move the files but I´d recommend to go to your Insydium user account and do a fresh download there. There is a new version available now that solves some problems. To check if you have got it go to console -> default . The bridge build should read 38 .

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, Tavarino said:

I updated XP4 in R20 and then copied the folder in plugins from R20 to R21. This did not work - XP4 was not visible in R21. So I re-downloaded XP4 using the link within my Insydium Customer Account. That solved the problem.     

And you've got XP 4 for sure? What build is it?

I have a license for that but the download link provides me with build 642 which isn't showing up in R21. Just curious if I should have any hope with it working on R21 or if I'm stuck rebuying it or keeping an old cinema installation.

thx

Compatibility details:

https://insydium.ltd/news/latest-news/cinema-4d-r21-compatible-release/

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure youve got .xdl64 files in the X-Particles folder in c4d/plugins - r20 and r21 use xdl not cdl libraries

EDIT: this didn't work for me - but weirdly, today, after restarting r21 after a crash, I was prompted for my insydium login credentials. it works finally!