C4D R16 Selection Tool/OpenGL Bug

I have a weird Live Selection Tool problem that is related to enabling OpenGL in prefs (if disabled, problem goes away). The cursor leaves trails when selecting points/faces/edges. I've tried newest Nvidia drivers and rolling back to older ones and the problem persists. I don't have this problem on my Mac Pro with a GTX 570 card.

Specs:

- C4D R16

- Windows 10 Home 1903, 64-bit

- AMD Ryzen 3900X, latest AMD chipset drivers and Bios

- GTX 1050 Ti

C4D_R16_SelectionToolBug.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Customer

I had this exact issue in R15.

I posted a solution on here but it looks like the thread has been removed. I can't find it in my post history.

As 3DKiwi said, it's the nVidia control panel settings. I can't remember which ones that changed so I'll just post mine here again.

image.thumb.png.e40c555ef29d72f29590d51e824feaa7.png

image.thumb.png.9d120eef75cf20bfa025fd0d450b9575.png

image.png.7ad316eaa762a4c0d708a52d9b51681b.png

• Customer
13 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

Thanks for posting the settings. I've changed mine to these and the problem with the ghosting cursor has gone. Strange that only Cinema 4D has a problem with default nVidia settings.

Yep it certainly is strange. I don't know if this is a very common issue because I couldn't find others reporting it before.

I must have experienced it when upgraded to R20 because that was in March of last year. It was September last year when I re-registered to this site and this issue was one of the first threads I created.

I've saved these screenshots to the cloud in case this thread is archived in future.

Also IIRC you need to undo the changes for Cinebench to work properly. It freezes at a certain point. This is why I don't think it's common, but I just thought it was my PC and worked with it for years.

• Customer
10 hours ago, Silvercity said:

Thanks, hobbyist. My problem also was solved with your settings. I'm surprised I couldn't find more users with the same issue. My hardware/OS setup is really common.

I had this issue appear on my old setup and then on my new setup last year.

Just thinking now, the only thing not replaced between these two setups is my monitor which is an old DELL ST2410. Other than the monitor it doesn't make any sense for this to reoccur.