C4D Cafe - important notice!

Hrvoje

Dear members

As you all know, Cafe has a Youtube channel with hundreds off free high quality training videos. We were producing new content on regular basis and covered areas which were not covered elsewhere such as TD Master Series or Fields training. I am sorry to inform you that due to inability to monetize our Youtube channel we are forced to cease video production. Many of you know, especially the ones that tried recording tutorials, that recording quality material takes significant effort, equipment and logistics. Given that we can't generate revenue due to Youtube policy we simply can't justify the cost of producing videos, both time wise and record&editing software that is needed for it. Hopefully we will find a way to continue production in future if we can come up with a model that can keep the content free but cover expenses that are essential. Meanwhile, all the content which is already present will stay available on our Youtube channel

Regards

Cafe staff

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfortunate indeed...

We easily reached followers and view threshold quite quickly, however the problem was that one of our videos was flagged as inappropriate. The video in case is female character modelling. There is nothing explicit in the video of course, but it was flagged and we can't use monetization services for considerable amount of time. This is simply something we have no control over. As a result we lost revenue which was used for production.

I mean seriously, how could you possibly put online, pixels that may have resembled organically rounded shapes that may appear to be a gray alien female. I mean HOW could you be soooo blind?

@YouTube algorithm and/or a Max user, get a grip. Sit down, cross your legs and relax. The doctor will  be with you shortly.

• Customer

Jeez that is ridiculous. It reminds me of a Facebook group for life drawing classes getting removed because they shared the life drawings after each class.

Hopefully it's temporary. 

That's American morals.

Instead of showing any semblance of nipples, it's better to graphically display how living persons are shoved down a meat grinder, and zombies ripping the living flesh out of hapless victims. Violence = Good. Sex = Bad.

The real issue is that we are in the grip of American companies who enforce that kind of policy, and there are no reasonable alternatives.

Well, I certainly disagree with their decision and this also made me dislike platform as whole. Our content was not even close to being offensive at any level.I am working on resolving this and will provide training material in future independently of 3rd party platforms 🙂

Given the entire channel with all its videos only has about 50K views, it's not like you'd of earned more than a few dollars anyway. If there are videos that are offensive to YouTube, remove the offenders or move them to a separate channel. Either way it would take a significant effort to bring the content up to standards that will get enough views to make it all worthwhile. 

• Hrvoje unpinned this topic