Transparency effect issue

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a suggestion to realize the transparency effect like this video (min 1:25)

I've tried with the display tag (image.png.074ffbfe8e2683484cff6c1ffbc3f8a2.png ) but ther're some issue.

It's seems that depend forom the number of object in front of the non-transparent parts. It coul be?

image.thumb.png.c6edd7d062a4ef96b10e666bd860c4cb.png

What do you think?
I'm using redshift.

Are there other way to realize it?
I don't want to use the opacity in the material options because i I think that would be very hard to handle.

In attached a small 3d model.

Thanks in advance.

Transparency.c4d

Opacity isn't hard to handle, if you're talking about renderspeeds. Refraction increases rendertimes by a lot, not transparency.

I don't think you can do this in post with compositing as it would make the entire object transparent and not "overlap" itself like in the video. I'm pretty sure they just made the material slightly transparent.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Thanks for your reply, so how could I manage the materials!? I mean, usually, in our model we have 3 paint colour: blue, red and white. Have I to create one material for each element the needs transparency!? Because it could be that I need the effect in different moments of the animation.

Or is there a  way to "modify" the single material tag assigned at the element??

How would you work to get this effect??

And what about the display tag??

Many thanks!!!

I'm not sure if there's a way to speak to single materials / objects even though they use the same  material instance, but I don't think so.

If I am correct then yes, you need to create a material for each seperate object you want to animate the opacity / transparency of.

The display tag is not really meant for what you're trying to achieve, it's rather something you can use to optimize your workflow. You CAN use it if you do hardware renders, but that is mostly only useful for preview purposes.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

Wow! this will be a huge problem because using mainly 3 material and having to use transparency at different times and on different objects, it means to create a lot of materials.

Somebody else have other suggestions?!

Anyway thank you for your support!

• 1 year later...

I was looking for an answer to this question. Two years have passed, but no one has answered it ... Is there really no such possibility in RedShift? Do you really have to recalculate everything in the standard render to get such an effect !? Awful omission from the creators of RedShift!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community