Fade Color of Circle under Generator

Not exactly - I see you keyframed transparency in the material, which changes transparency of all the particles the same way. ie. at any given time the transparency of all particles is exactly the same. I guess what I really want is that transparency to fade in relation to how old each particle is, so at any given time the particle transparencies will be different depending upon how old they are.

Thanks for your help on this.

I'll try xpColor modifier.

I also solved this way: Use an xpSprite disk with huge inner radius so it looks like a circle spline. Put a regular material on it. Then, in the Transparency channel use xpSpriteShader and attach the xpEmitter to it - then just need to select Mode = 'Parameter Dependent' and choose paramater = particle life and use B/W gradient.

Way to go! They fade out instead of popping at death. You taught me some new tricks. Thanks

It is frustrating to me that the Insydium site is such a ghost town lately and there is no great place to share files and knowledge. It is really fun to share tricks and problem files. There was a real guru there named Lothar but he has disappeared as of late. I learned a ton from him and have a great collection of his example files.

Over the years C4D Cafe has been the main source of my learning about C4D.