PolyDup

dast

Yes, demo restriction was the reason why plugin don´t work correctly. Just tried in standard version R20. Works as expected, coping mesh into external file and adding to new selection. What is nice, not needed to create target selection first, simply switching with space button between selection and plugin works nice.

Also addition red points in case of non-correct selection for placement is great. (in this case is created copy of source mesh on original place what looks like a bug). It can be simply solved by creating correct selection for placement.

I had few crashes after this workflow...

- added plane, converted to poly

- created source polymesh for copy

- With Ctrl stored

- with space switched to selection tool and selected correct selection for placement

- with space switched to plugin and placed copy of source polymesh into selection

//all fine until now

- while is still selected plugin as tool, removed plane from OM

- inserted new plane and converted to poly

- c4d crash

First I think it´s caused by adding plugin into interface  (as icon in left palette), but try this also with standard using of plugin (selecting from plugin menu when use it) and get crash also...

1 hour ago, bezo said:

Yes, demo restriction was the reason why plugin don´t work correctly.

Good to know.

1 hour ago, bezo said:

What is nice, not needed to create target selection first, simply switching with space button between selection and plugin works nice.

I agree this is a welcome benefit of the native Cinema4D workflow.

I had foreseen to provide some selection tools within the PolyDup tool (loop, fill, ...) but as these are already natively available I haven't been focusing on them just yet. And maybe I won't at all, as it seems a waste of time to implement what is already available.

1 hour ago, bezo said:

Also addition red points in case of non-correct selection for placement is great. (in this case is created copy of source mesh on original place what looks like a bug).

The console mentions "different point count is not yet implemented". As such, I haven't spend time trying to block this just yet. Implementation will be expanded in future beta(s) ...

1 hour ago, bezo said:

I had few crashes after this workflow...

- inserted new plane and converted to poly

- c4d crash

I have only been able to reproduce this when I use the shortcut key "c" while the mouse pointer is inside the viewport.

If I use the mouse pointer to select the "make editable" icon then all is fine.

I will provide a fix for this in a next beta.

Thanks for taking the time to test and report. It is much appreciated!

I have updated the plugin, fixing the few reported issues. In the meantime I have also created an R21 version of the plugin, and ported to macOS.

New beta is available for download at the bottom of the first post of this thread. Looking forward to more feedback.

Tested in R21 and work just fine. Could be posible "respect" size of source polymesh depending on size of target polymesh with some option?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92oc92v5kwqxa8m/polydup_autoscale.mp4?dl=0

(or after placement of source polymesh on target switch to polygonsslect all of source mesh polygons (what we currently have) and adjust axis of selection to bottom of placement (what allow user to save few clicks to adjust manually)

33 minutes ago, bezo said:

Could be posible "respect" size of source polymesh depending on size of target polymesh with some option?

Scaling can be enabled in the Attribute Manager.

Option "Scale when pasting" (3rd checkbox).

I know, the current options are a mess. As this plugin is still a work in progress, the Attribute Manager options are not yet nicely organized.

32 minutes ago, bezo said:

Totaly OT, but for you as programmer I have one question. I can not find logic which way are calculated axis of selections.

This is something you might better ask to the MAXON developers, as only they know what the logic is behind their implementation.

But from looking at your examples you can deduct that when multiple polygons are selected, the axis orientation of the object is used. At least when the orientation option you select in Modeling Axis is set to "Axis".

When you only select a single polygon, then the selection Z axis usually is the normal of the polygon, and the selection Y axis usually tries to point into the plane of the original object's Y axis and the polygon's normal. Then from these two vectors (selection Z and Y axis) its X axis is calculated.

I am not sure if this is how it's done, but that is how I interpret what happens in the video you provided.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, Quasar Engine said:

hELO, WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT

I have just finalized beta 3 for R20 and R21, both Windows and macOS. Link available in the first post.

Probably not the smartest move to bring this out, while all attention is to the newly released S22, but here goes.

NEW in beta 3:

The original plugin allowed to copy and paste a single extract. With the latest version you have up to 5 slots to hold an extract.

Select a slot in the Attribute Manager to use. If the slot is empty you obviously can only use it to copy an extract into. Once a slot is filled you can then use it to paste/inject into your mesh.

The new version also allows to use selected edges around a hole in the mesh in order to paste the selected extract.

You do not need to be in edge mode to be able to use edges, nor do you have to be in polygon mode to use polygons. Although it helps in visualizing which edges or polygons are selected if you are in one or the other mode. For now, I do not limit to use edges or polygons to a particular mode. Depending feedback I might provide this limitation if it is more appropriate.

And as pictures tell more than many words, I have created a short video to demonstrate the process ...

• Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community