TRYING TO TURN PARTICLES INTO GEOMETRY

Hi, I could use some help from some particle geniuses out there....

I'm working on this neuron model using cinema 4d / redshift / x-particles. I'm adding these little spheres to it using x-particles, with an xp scale and a noise shader in it to drive the spheres into these little clumps (Picture 1). I'm looking for a way to bake this into real geometry so when I animate this, the spheres won't move. I have my emitter at 0 speed, but it still moves away from the base a little each frame. And I tried using an xp freeze modifier, but ideally I'd want to turn this into editable geometry. As particles, it slows down playback.

So my first thought was to use the  xp generator, but there's so many spheres that when I do, it freezes cinema 4d, so that's not going to work...

I also attempted to do the same thing OUTSIDE of x-particles, using a cloner and a shader effector with a noise channel (Picture 2). It ALMOST gets me to the same spot, except it seems the effector is only increasing the size of the spheres. I would like to have them also decease them this way to drive the little black points to disappear, more like how I did it using x-particles in picture 1.

Essentially, my first way (x-particles) gets me the format / size / positioning I want, but I can't find a way to easily make it into geometry. The second way (cloner , shader effector) gets me the editable, static geometry but I can't get the scale of it as to how i did it in the first way...

Any advice / help would be amazing!

Picture 1.PNG

Picture 2.PNG

If your xpgenerator create good result, simply apply "current state to object" command, hide/delete original xpgenerator, select all in newly created hierarchy and apply command "connect objects + delete". This way will be created just single polygonal object...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community