x particle positions to matrix

Hi all, I'm just starting with x-particles, maybe its a basic question however please help me 🙂

Let's say I have 10 defined emitted particles, they move for 1 minutes affected by a turbolence. Now I want to create a matrix object with 10 points and I need to transfer the positions data of the x-particles simulation (the 10 individual emitted particles) to the matrix (made up with  10 points).

I was guessing it was quite easy but I'm still searching for a solution.

I've created a fix number of particles, from frame 0 to the end of the simulation it needs to stay the same number.

Fine till now, what I still cannot find is how to create a matrix object that have the object counts of  the emitted particles and use the positions data of the simulation to move  its objects.

I guess using xpgenerator is whats I need but if I put a null object inside, I can see the right numers of null object created as the x-particles simulation, but how I could instruct a matrix to be made of these null objects? If I put the matrix as object mode and link the null or the xpgenerator it not working 😞

I've just seen in this video from 0:15 to 0:20 second, it's exaclty whats I'm searching to do but with a clone object instead of a matrix, but I still not able to reproduce it evan with a cloner object, what's I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...