Cannot install R20 on Catalina

Hi all,

I am working with R20 Studio and am currently trying to install it on a new Mac with OS Catalina. I downloaded the current installer from MAXON ePortfolio and after mounting the disc image it says "“MAXON-Inst” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.".

The OS is a fresh installation and I have downloaded the installer twice, always the same problem. Does anybody know this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best

Hanna

It would be interesting to see would that same installer worked with another vesion of macOS. I am not sure could Metal be an issue from Mac side. Hard to tell really! 😞 

@noseman @igor thank you so much for your time and help. I received an answer today from MAXON, they do not support R20 for Catalina. In case someone will face this issue in the future: there seems to be a way to install it via terminal but they cannot say if it will run smoothly. I did not try it yet.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey fellow animators! I am a Cinema 4D Studio owner since the very first version, a very long time ago. It’s always been a vital part of my workflow and I really love to use it. 

However, versions after R20 (last version from the three original owners/creators, before selling everything to Nemetchek) it has been a bit problematic. So I decided to stay on my perpetual R20 license. I was so smart that I downloaded my original installers from my ePortfolio a long time ago of R18, R19 and R20. Just in case. All these installers work perfectly on Catalina, and I have no issues with installing or using R20 in Catalina or even Big Sur both on Intel and M1.
Sooo, then I downloaded the current installer from my ePortfolio and I get the same installation error. So my conclusion is that the original R20 installers on the ePortfolio as been deliberately altered by Maxon to move people to their newer versions and subscriptions. I think this is a serious thing to do. I create plugins for Cinema 4D and would hate to see perpetual owners of R20 move to newer versions because of this installation problem as the reason, when they wanted to keep using R20 as I did. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community