How to achieve this fluid sim with X-Particles

So I experimented a bit.

It's definitely not straightforward but I think the secret is in using constraints (viscosity and maybe particle attraction) to get the "clumping" and "stringyness".

Also, just a lot, and I mean A LOT of particles. I attached a testscene, I think this could be a good basis.

StringyTest.c4d

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

19 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

So I experimented a bit.

It's definitely not straightforward but I think the secret is in using constraints (viscosity and maybe particle attraction) to get the "clumping" and "stringyness".

Also, just a lot, and I mean A LOT of particles. I attached a testscene, I think this could be a good basis.

StringyTest.c4d 251.17 kB · 1 download

Hey, interesting what you did there with the two turbulence mods. Looks really cool!
The only issue I find with the turbulence is that it affects the whole system, as in it dissolves that defined emmission area which looks like a spline (where the orange particles are being born...maybe needs a cylindrical falloff on the small turbulence mod?).
You might be onto something with the constraints though! I played with the "connect at birth" stuff early in the piece but ditched it because it bogged everything down badly. Totally forgot about the viscosity setting though, I'll give that a bash!

In the meantime, here's what I ended up with before calling it a day yesterday.
Le's see if we can figure this out in the end?! 😃

EDIT:
Unfortunately I don't think the constraints are doing the trick.
Not in conjunction with particle advection anyway, which I think might be essential for this one.
Either advection with Explosia/TFD or some FluidFX trickery.
Introducing constraints just made everything really slow for me without having the desired effect. Bugger!

Water_Spline.c4d

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community