Can you type in exact angles to measure and construction tool?

Having an absolute nightmare with this. It's something so simple that is proving to be so difficult and annoying. I thought maybe it wasn't working because the tool had to be snapped to some actual geometry to move it, or maybe I was in the wrong mode but that didn't solve it either. If I manage to get it so I can type a measurement into the box it immediately changes back to what it was before. I'm surprised that for all it's great UI experience and intuitive tool sets that it fails to provide a simple basic protractor.

Anyway I'm gonna go eat some food and come back to it, urgh.

Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, Bells said:

Is there a good plug in or alternative you know of at all?

Not that I'm aware of. To be honest if you're wanting your models to be accurate just getting the lengths of elements correct is pretty much all you need to do. If you want to change the length of an edge say, that isn't aligned to the 3 world axes then you can temporarily align the workplane to the edge. You can then type in the correct length in the Attributes Manager to correct it.

It was more for when wanting to design using angles precisely rather than lengths... Of course one could work out the other but this could get very time consuming, I am now thinking better to do that in another software and bring the different elements together.

Thanks so much!

E

Perhaps a little off topic, but has anyone figured out a way to snap to what the arrow(s) point to, after you actually create the Measure object and it becomes part of the object hierarchy and is visible in the Object Manager?

They look like little vertices, but you can't really snap to them using any snap setting I tried. The only thing you can seemingly snap to is the tool's axis.

I am talking about a way to snap to the points at the tips of the arrowheads, as indicated by the cyan arrows in this image:

SnapToMeasure.thumb.png.e237036fbd874d3e1c2de53d2a26616b.png

If someone can figure that out, it would make the tool far more useful as a guide.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community