XP cloth loop possible?

Hey,

I saw this question yesterday while trying to do the same. Just figured out a solution. Bake the PLA animation of the cloth object in the dope sheet first and then use the Pose morph method that you will find online for standard C4D cloth. Hope this helps. 

18 hours ago, Rchain said:

Hey,

I saw this question yesterday while trying to do the same. Just figured out a solution. Bake the PLA animation of the cloth object in the dope sheet first and then use the Pose morph method that you will find online for standard C4D cloth. Hope this helps. 

thanks for replying @Rchain - I did try that, but couldn't get it to work. can you give me a more detailed explanation or do you have a quick basic sample? I managed to get cloth to loop using the basic c4d cloth tag with a jiggle deformer and forces, and the point cache tag, but the XP cloth movement looks way better.

So you cache out your XP cloth sim. And then you bake the PLA of the cloth geometry. Once you do that, you just follow the steps seen towards the end of this video.

. You basically make a copy of your baked cloth object and start the cache at -50 frames, hide both of them, and use a third copy without the cache And add a pose morph tag to transition between the first two copies. 

Let me know if you still get caught up

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community