Export animation with pivot point in fbx

Hi, I guess you are using Mocap data? Where is it coming from ? What are your framerate settings for the mocap and the scene itself? Is the overall path of the animation closely followed but limbs going out of place is the problem? Or is the animation completely screwed up after export, like not even close to what is was before?

3 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Hi, I guess you are using Mocap data? Where is it coming from ? What are your framerate settings for the mocap and the scene itself? Is the overall path of the animation closely followed but limbs going out of place is the problem? Or is the animation completely screwed up after export, like not even close to what is was before?

I import mixamo animation and after changed it in motion clip by adding animated pivot point. After exporting in fbx the entire animation is screwed up or the pivot piont animation doesn't work correctly.

53 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Does it work if you export as an alembic file? What exactly do you export, everything in the scene or just a part of it (like do you use export selected or the whole scene export)?

Yes, it works in alembic. But I I don't have an option on mac to import alembic animation to Marvelous Designer. And I can't export from alembic to fbx. 2. I export the entire scene

3 hours ago, HippoDasTamus said:

You can actually import alembics into MD if you just drag it into the window. It's weird that there is no direct import option, but the dragging always works, I exclusively work with alembics on between MD and Cinema. They are far more reliable for simulation than fbx

I tried just now, but it didn't work . I received a message, that "this file format is not supported in this version"...

1 hour ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Hm strange, I had that version as well a while back and mine could read .abc normally.. I don't know if it's a Mac issue. Do you export from Cinema as an Ogawa Alembic?

There is only one option of alembic (.abc) in my case. But I found the solution, just to import animation without pivot point animation and then after MD work I do the final change in animation again in C4D. 

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community