How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

This is easy to make in any renderer. I shall describe how to do it for physical as this is not in the Corona Category.

You just need a basic grey in the colour channel (pick it directly from any reference photo) a simple reflectance channel (roughness set to around 25% and reflection level at around 40%) with dielectric fresnel (PET) and a simple noise in the bump channel ! Find a real close-up of the texture and then go through the noise types until you find one that closely matches it and scale it correctly. Bear  in mind that materials work in conjunction with lighting, so you will need some of that in the scene to see your bump properly.

You also need something in the scene for reflections to reflect - most people use an HDRI on a sky object for this, optionally hidden from camera with a compositing tag.

CBR

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

This is easy to make in any renderer. I shall describe how to do it for physical as this is not in the Corona Category.

You just need a basic grey in the colour channel (pick it directly from any reference photo) a simple reflectance channel (roughness set to around 25% and reflection level at around 40%) with dielectric fresnel (PET) and a simple noise in the bump channel ! Find a real close-up of the texture and then go through the noise types until you find one that closely matches it and scale it correctly. Bear  in mind that materials work in conjunction with lighting, so you will need some of that in the scene to see your bump properly.

You also need something in the scene for reflections to reflect - most people use an HDRI on a sky object for this, optionally hidden from camera with a compositing tag.

CBR

actually i have corona render installed, how would it be using it? I didn't get a good result with Physical from C4D. Thanks again!

I don't know - I don't have that. It is perfectly possible to create this flawlessly in Physical, so if that is not working you are doing stuff wrong. We can't know what specifically you are doing wrong until you upload a scene file.

Would you like me to move this to the Corona category if you want an answer there ?

CBR

• 5 months later...

I love Corona, but I agree with Cerbera, you can achieve it in most engines. Some render faster and more realistically than others. I assume you not really using C4D r6, ha ha! That's the first version I used back in the 90s.

By the way, for a "first exercise" that model looks great!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community