Advecting X-Particles Emitter Groups w. Turbulence FD

Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out a way to use TFD to Advect only certain XP Emitters in a scene, very similar to X-Particles Groups where I can tell Explosia to affect certain groups. However, without great knowledge of Xpresso, the task isn't easy. So, today I came up with a workflow, and I invite anyone to comment, and/or knows a way to tell Turbulence FD to Advect certain particles groups in the container, and not every particle group. I don't know Xpresso that well that I came up with this workflow below:

First, before Caching the Turbulence FD Simulation, go to **Simulation > Velocity**, and Set **“Particle Velocity Scale”** to 100%. Then go to *Container and check in Velocity*. Now your simulation is ready to Cache.

When done, the Particles in your scene will be advected by your TFD simulation. **However, lets say you have 2 Emitters, A & B, and you only want to Advect Emitter A.**

Well first, check off Emitter B, so TFD will only Advect Emitter A. Now Add a X-Particles Cache, and under Cache go to Inclusion, set the Mode to “Include”, and drag Emitter A in the list. Now go to Object, then Build Cache. When complete, Emitter A’s movement is baked in, so now you can turn off the TFD container and the motion will still work.

That being said, go to your TFD container, check off Velocity and set the Particle Velocity Scale to 0, then Cache your simulation.

After its done, you will now see that if you check Emitter B on, Emitter A, and your new Cached TFD Simulation with Velocity checked off, the new TFD cache Simulation isn't advecting Emitter B, and Emitter A's TFD motion is still baked in. So, now you can delete the TFD Cache with velocity, since it takes up so much space anyway.

If you want to Bake Emitter B's Motion, you can Add a Cache Object, and drag Emitter B into the Inclusion list, and press Build Cache.

The only draw back to this workflow, is that for your TFD Simulation, you have to Cache twice, one with Velocity on, and the other with Velocity off. And for any changes, you have to keep caching twice.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community