Hi All! hope you are well,

I am trying to create a glitter texture for octane which retains the reflection of the flakes but having a difficult time of where to start.

Is there a way to create such a texture or is there anywhere i can buy the texture?

Image attached is the sort of texture i am trying to achieve

Thanks in Advance!

istockphoto-912592554-1024x1024.jpg

If I understand this correctly: your best bet is Substance Designer. There, you would create a primitive (circle) and use scatter nodes to scatter it all around until you like what you have, while also giving those unique gradients from one side to another (white to black).

Then you basically have a heightmap of the glitter and with that you can generate a normalmap.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Back again,

I have really been trying to find a Glitter texture for octane but cannot find one anytheere, is this something that will have to be created?  I have seen a few shaders for blender but nine for Octane.

I really want to make this possible in octane so any help would be much apprichated, would love to make this a thing if it is not already specialy if it is procedural.

here is a video link to a blender example.

Well again, as I already posted: if there is none you will have to make it yourself. It's really not that complicated as a material, especially the main "blinky spots" part.

You will need a Normalmap (which you can create with Substance Designer very easily). That needs to be VERY reflective, but with sharp angles in the normals so you get this very intense flickering. Probably white metal material with a very, very high IOR.

Everything else is just playing around with colors and lighting.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram