One more year Maxon subscribtion or blender + rtx3080?

kmls

hi, i want to ask to cafe members about my confussions.

i am very dissapointed. here is new hardware comes. i can spend my money to 1 more year to MAXON subscription or can buy new card and switch to blender. 

im fan of c4d. love it, use it. blender always confused me about usage and possibilities. but last 2.9 version is looks nearly "ok" versus c4d. and in this reason i am really confused now. because blender upgrades very fast and have a roadmap. there is 2.91 and .92 comes with render performance improvements and its good versus redshift. in otherside MAXON just buyed redshift, merged with redgiant and lisenced uv tools. so versus blender, MAXON  just money spending company. and have lot of very outdated tools. 

c4d is not cheap. redshift is paid. and also there is no any indie.... in otherside, blender is free and also new gpu's is very powerful and nearly same money as 1 year of MAXON. 

and forgot about plugins. i can sell my xp and cycles4d lisences and can buy 1 addional gpu or can spend for blender plugins.

so, my logic and wallet says blender. my heart says c4d. what yours opinions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not gonna lie, as someone who just paid for another year subscription of C4D, I felt a sour taste in my mouth... 

But i need for my work, and after trying Blender for months now...  I can safely say that my production speed, and the things I can output from a software easily, it will never be like that inside Blender. it has so many awesome features for sure, and I will never be able to compete with someone who started their 3D career with Blender...  and for me personally, beneath the surface in Blender, you will find that there are a lot of things that... Im not sure why it is the way it is.

Their animation timeline for me is the biggest gripe. How to control individual keyframes, handles, loop things...   and some basics things, like, selecting multiple objects and being able to change a parameter in all of them at the same time. (in Blender you have to either hold at or something like that, or shift w.. to access a secondary menu to change all at the same time).

I think it all depends to how productive you already are with C4D. Given that you already have Xparticles and also a nice external renderer. You already have a professional setup, ready to go for at least a year, which would give you time for a smooth transition if you feel that is the best path, and decide slowly and more risk free. 

New GPU's will come out every now and then, and the one you felt you would need right now, will become obsolete very soon. 
Then when time comes, and if you feel that you are on similar speed in production terms within Blender, you could make the switch smoothly.

My honest opinion:
If you're seriously financially constrained...
if you are freelance and don't need to use a specific software to work with your customers...

if you're happy to devote the time to learn a new software...

if Blender has the tools you need... 

I'd go Blender.

18 minutes ago, MikeA said:

My honest opinion:
If you're seriously financially constrained...
if you are freelance and don't need to use a specific software to work with your customers...

if you're happy to devote the time to learn a new software...

if Blender has the tools you need... 

I'd go Blender.

Yeah, I think you summarized much better what i tried to say hehe. 

thank you for answers. for now i have 2x gtx1060. from cycles4d switched to redshift early this year. doing freelance, stock model and images. i can say i am a self influencer -freelancer.  most of works i receive are product visualization works. i want do more motionpragph things but coming freelance works mostly on side of product visualizations. also as a user of cycles4d i think on 2.91 blender can be fast as redshift. or nearly to this. but also if i buy new gpu it can be not problem. for side of stock models ans images can be done in blender same quality as c4d.

as a alternative i thinking another dcc's indie lisences. maya or houdini. so i really confused. heart says c4d. loving it. usage, logics, interface procedural and other things. yes some tools  outdated but, love is love. but sadly in other side money reasons.. pandemic is hits to my work and income is down. and logic kicks me to cheaper side.

my MAXON subs ends on feb. for now im %51 for blender. but if MAXON announce something like  indie lisence i can stay on c4d.  i want it but money is money and income downs/crisis waits on next corner:(

im looking for indie alternatives too. as blender they are too looks affordable after selling my plugins. anyway i have 5-6 months for smooth switching software and for now most logicial candidate is blender.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, kmls said:

hi, i want to ask to cafe members about my confussions.

i am very dissapointed. here is new hardware comes. i can spend my money to 1 more year to MAXON subscription or can buy new card and switch to blender. 

im fan of c4d. love it, use it. blender always confused me about usage and possibilities. but last 2.9 version is looks nearly "ok" versus c4d. and in this reason i am really confused now. because blender upgrades very fast and have a roadmap. there is 2.91 and .92 comes with render performance improvements and its good versus redshift. in otherside MAXON just buyed redshift, merged with redgiant and lisenced uv tools. so versus blender, MAXON  just money spending company. and have lot of very outdated tools. 

c4d is not cheap. redshift is paid. and also there is no any indie.... in otherside, blender is free and also new gpu's is very powerful and nearly same money as 1 year of MAXON. 

and forgot about plugins. i can sell my xp and cycles4d lisences and can buy 1 addional gpu or can spend for blender plugins.

so, my logic and wallet says blender. my heart says c4d. what yours opinions?

Cycles is slow. If you want speed, use Eevee and save the money. The 3080 will gave you negligible speed improvement with Eevee.

2.92 is the future, we can also speculate Redshift RT will be faster than Arnold / Cycles and everything. Only Insidium knows what 2021 xparticles is gonna surprised us with.

You need to ask yourself. Right now -not in 2021- are you proficient with C4D?

yeah, yesterday on r23 announcement i asked to myself... but answer gived me MAXON... instead of indie lisence they say MAXON one for love price....this low price is 1200 dollar. really i shocked. 3dmax indie 325 dollar. maya indie too around it. houdini 270 dollars... 

for me there is no more confussion. im moving out from c4d

Thats the price for c4d plus red giant ($200-600) + redshift ($500).

Indie has its own rules, depending of how much do you earn, you may not qualify. Anyway, its good to know you already decided. Good luck and take care!

i am a freelancer. small freelancer. any of those indie lisneces covers me. and i can buy 1 year 3dmax and fFULL redshift. its costs nearly 850 dollars.  1 year of redshift and c4d is 1015 €   i think 3dmax alternative is much better. because of full lisence of redshift and in total still cheaper.  

also blender+ substance designer+painter+rizom+3dcoat+ some other tools + rtx 3070 is still cheaper than c4d+redshift.  of cours i can buy redshift too instead of 3070. anyway c4d is expensive.... due pandemics i waited a indie lisence. at least most dcc's have indie. but MAXON not give it. so im just moving out. because of not more money. ilove c4d but life sweet sometimes..

anyway im selling my xparticles and cycles 4d.  650$. if anyone need pls. pm me.

• Guest changed the title to One more year Maxon subscribtion or blender + rtx3080?

Totally understandable. I also have concerns about pandemic. My advise remains as follow: use blender + eevee. Dont buy the videocard. It would be $ 1200 for very small speed on an already impressive viewport renderer. Of course any work that requires particles will have to wait a little bit, because atm blender particles -while better than c4d native particles, are no match to Insydium, wich you already have.

If you have C4D perpetual, keep Insydium, and model / uv in blender. That way you can keep your clients happy and the income stable with a production proven particle plugin.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community