Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion

Guest Igor

• Customer
15 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

Your reseller made a mess of things when he decided to stop partnering with MAXON.   Your most active reseller is http://www.mediamachine.nl. You can get all the info on our sales partners here:  https://www.MAXON.net/de/sites/bestellen/haendler-und-distributoren/ 

You can also contact MAXON directly.   

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Is it possible for me to pay the upgrade price you quoted in Euros? I'm based in Ireland, part of Europe and deal in Euros. I contacted MAXON directly about upgrade but got the UK reseller quoting me in GBP (at a higher price than the Euro price). I'd rather deal direct with MAXON in Euros if that's possible. Just wandering if new users in Ireland are forced to pay in GBP when signing up to subscription? Seems a bit odd.

Thanks

Dave

10 hours ago, srek said:

No. Xpresso is part of classic Cinema 4D, scene nodes are not. Scene nodes can not replace in the old context and Xpresso does not work in the new one. Scene nodes do cover the same general functionality as Xpresso though, as such you can view them as the successor to Xpresso, but only in the new context.

So Xpresso will not be phased out then...? Will Scene Nodes will run alongside Xpresso?

r23 is a great update. I applaud the devs at MAXON. They are obviously listening to users and are most likely using Scene Nodes to retain users shifting to Houdini. I for one will be sticking around to see how this plays out. What needs to happen is to be able to use Scene Nodes to create particle and fluid effects. Scene Nodes are obviously capable of doing a better job than the badly built X-particles plugin, they should replace the need for it entirely.

On another note, I am surprised that there was no UDIM functionality in this update...and no one seems to be demanding it either. Does no one UV medium to high res models with C4D?

I have moved to Maya for modelling and UVing recently. Maya has arguably better tools in those areas (though C4D is close). But then, Maya has UDIM support. I need a reason to not use Maya.

One thing though, having used another 3D app I can now see that C4D is better built and gives a better user experience. With Scene nodes they seem to have gone from the ground up, integrating it into all aspects of C4D rather than just tacking it on to the top. Once again, I applaud the devs - well done!

59 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

Hi Dave,

Is it possible for me to pay the upgrade price you quoted in Euros? I'm based in Ireland, part of Europe and deal in Euros. I contacted MAXON directly about upgrade but got the UK reseller quoting me in GBP (at a higher price than the Euro price). I'd rather deal direct with MAXON in Euros if that's possible. Just wandering if new users in Ireland are forced to pay in GBP when signing up to subscription? Seems a bit odd.

Thanks

Dave

Hmmm....

image.png.9a0335ef2a59a29e8c1289a1fb64a5d4.png

Things seem to be moving your way relative to currency conversion.  Just 10 days ago the conversion rate was 1.12681 euro's per GPB now it is 1.08337.  So if the upgrade was 850 GPB, then in the last 10 days (just due to currency conversion rates alone) your Euro price dropped from 957.79 euro's  to 920.87 euro's.  The trend is down because I understand that the UK is slower to financially recover than the rest of Europe from the Corona virus so the Euro is stronger than the pound right now.  

Interesting that there is no direct seller in your region.  I do find that odd.  Given all the currency fluctuations right now as economies recover from the pandemic at varying levels that can create some revenue instability if you have to deal with varying conversion rates.

Yep....bad time to be a global company.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Customer

26 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Hmmm....

image.png.9a0335ef2a59a29e8c1289a1fb64a5d4.png

Things seem to be moving your way relative to currency conversion.  Just 10 days ago the conversion rate was 1.12681 euro's per GPB now it is 1.08337.  So if the upgrade was 850 GPB, then in the last 10 days (just due to currency conversion rates alone) your Euro price dropped from 957.79 euro's  to 920.87 euro's.  The trend is down because I understand that the UK is slower to financially recover than the rest of Europe from the Corona virus so the Euro is stronger than the pound right now.  

Interesting that there is no direct seller in your region.  I do find that odd.  Given all the currency fluctuations right now as economies recover from the pandemic at varying levels that can create some revenue instability if you have to deal with varying conversion rates.

Yep....bad time to be a global company.

Dave

Yeah for sure currency fluctuations will always go in somebody's favour. Having a UK distributor for UK / Ireland is pretty common for hardware but software less so these days. Amazon for instance we buy through Amazon UK and maybe in future will need to buy from Amazon DE after Brexit if no trade agreement in place. Which would also bring into question how I could pay a seller in GBP if there's no trade agreement between UK and Europe. Doubt it'll get to that but  2020 keeps on giving so...

The GBP upgrade is £799 so at the moment £799 = approx. €865 (ex VAT). The price of upgrade in Euro is €850 (ex VAT).

When the online portal opened to everyone to purchase a subscription / perpetual I could see could pay in Euro there so assumed any future upgrades will be in euro. 

1 hour ago, MikeA said:

I couldn't agree more.

I read through Shrikes post, all great points. But people should look at the nodes system as a tech preview. And even though the examples may only be showing cubes and spheres, what it is demonstrating is how they are solving the #1 problem that everyone on every forum or slack channel has been hammering them about for years. And that is being able to interactively move millions of objects around in the scene. I get that people want to see real world examples. But all anyone needs to do is in their minds swap out those million cubes for a million houses, or a million trees, or a million cars in a simulated city or a million space ships flying around. Ignore the models people and look at the number of objects in your scene. 

• Customer
8 minutes ago, DMcGavran said:

To buy in Euros, please contact MAXON Germany.

Cheers

Dave

Is there a specific way to contact MAXON Germany? I had contacted through here

When go onto German site and choose contact I think it brings me to same page.

Also when I sent in the query I mentioned I'd like to pay the Euro price but got the GBP quote. 

Thanks

Dave

• Guest changed the title to Maxon Announces Cinema 4D R23 | Overview | Discussion
  • Hrvoje pinned this topic
  • Guest unpinned this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community