Is it me or is anyone else finding R23 a bit on the buggy side? I have already discovered bugs in the UV editor and when installing the updates C4D likes to hang… Also found that when tinkering with the new Toon Rig C4D likes to hang when using that too!

Are you using the latest studio drivers for your video cards ? A lot of hanging problems are caused by out of date video drivers.

And we are quite early in the release cycle for R23, so lots of things have been addressed already and will continue to be...

CBR

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Are you using the latest studio drivers for your video cards ? A lot of hanging problems are caused by out of date video drivers.

And we are quite early in the release cycle for R23, so lots of things have been addressed already and will continue to be...

CBR

Just checked my nVidia drivers which are v445.87 which I don't think are that old. Going to stick the newest version on (456.55) and see how that goes. I found that by completely removing C4D R23 from my PC and reinstalling from scratch seemed to get rid of the updater bug and now I have all the libraries.

• 6 months later...

I'm on the sp1 and agree R23 is pretty buggy.

Lots of small issues.

Also had the install problem concerning libs etc.

The things touched in this release seem finicky.

- Opengl problems, textures not showing correctly.

- Rendering often not starting or giving black image.

- Material previews not updating realtime. 

- Material previews not updating in opengl. (only after render material showing.)

- Hardware visual settings (opengl) not updating. (only after close window.)

- several scripts not working. (R21 ok.)

- UVedit texture map always disappears.

I could go on..

I went back to R21.

mlon

non-functional scripts are expected since R23 switch to different version of Python, but a lot of issues you´ve described could have caused by graphic drivers maybe...Did you tried different versions/modes (game/studio based on card you have)

It seems the main problems with R23 are OpenGL issues which I don't think can be fixed with different drivers. I think MAXON are being cagey about this problem and blaming nVidia. I have found that tinkering with the settings in the nVidia control panel can help but don't stop the problems. Have a look at this it might help: