Homer Simpson

VECTOR

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Give that man a doh-nut for another A* modelling job; not one polygon too few or many 🙂

CBR

😛😁 haha cheers man, he's actually quite a difficult character to translate to 3d, still not totally happy with that head, so more tweaking to be done!

1 hour ago, Hrvoje said:

Fantastic, love it 🙂

Ha! Thank you should be a fun one !

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Hmmm, there is something in those eyes, weird...or its shape around the eyes? 

Yeah I think that's what Vector meant with hard to translate. In the original he has his brow sticking out above the eye. Obviously this has to be in 3D as well, but all around the eyes because everything else would look silly.

At least I think that's what's a bit off-putting about it 😄

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

6 hours ago, Igor said:

Hmmm, there is something in those eyes, weird...or its shape around the eyes? 

5 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Yeah I think that's what Vector meant with hard to translate. In the original he has his brow sticking out above the eye. Obviously this has to be in 3D as well, but all around the eyes because everything else would look silly.

At least I think that's what's a bit off-putting about it 😄

Yea, that's exactly what i meant 😄 in the original from a front and side view he just has the round eyeball, which works fine in 2d, but when you try and replicate that in 3d it looks weird. I did an alternate version of the head ( below ) trying to replicate that as close as possible. looked great from the side but idk from the front. So i looked online at some Simpsons toys and figured these would be the closest thing to what a 3d Simpsons character would look like, and they did the eyes like this. Plus i kind like that it makes him look even more stupid than he's supposed to be 🤤 😛 i might just include both and get people to vote which they prefer

2.thumb.jpg.50fdaef9e00414184e22d4c2a7a85f9e.jpg

1951561784_2wire.thumb.jpg.b98c4e8c2f058546198fd098ca916fbd.jpg