Export UV's from C4D to Photoshop

I remeberd there was a faster way to export UV's from C4D to an image. I could only find tutorials promoting the "outline these poly's " route- so much for my searching skills. As a note to self i made this demo to remember self of this specifick button. I'd like to share it.

Only disadvantage of this command is imposibility to set line thickness...

(default is 1 pixel I think, in case you create 2k or 4k texture and work with fullscreen, it´s almost imposible to see UV mesh layer)

Outline polygons make the same job, but you can adjust line thickness what I see as advantage against Create UVmesh layer command.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, bezo said:

Only disadvantage of this command is imposibility to set line thickness...

(default is 1 pixel I think, in case you create 2k or 4k texture and work with fullscreen, it´s almoest imposible to see UV mesh layer)

Outline polygons make the same job, but you can adjust line thickness what I see as advantage against Create UVmesh layer command.

Ah yes you have a valid point there. In modo you can export the uv's as vector, very useful. Would be on my wishlist for c4d

• 4 months later...

Just found this thread. When you use "Outline Polygons" you can determine the thickness of the uv line via the BP paint brush settings. The line will take the thickness of the brush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On 11/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, pilF said:

In modo you can export the uv's as vector, very useful. Would be on my wishlist for c4d

If you have Blender in your toolbox, export your object as OBJ, import in Blender, and switch to the UV Editing tab. Then:

- select the object, and enter edit mode (tab)

- hit A to select all faces

- in the left window open the menu UV-->Export UV Layout

- check "All UVs", and select SVG as the format. Choose a size and fill opacity.

Then export.

This generates a nice SVG which is of course completely editable in a vector editor. And does not rely on pixels. so when imported in Photoshop it lets you pick the document resolution.

Also much faster and more efficient compared to creating channels and paint layers in Cinema4D.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community