C4D R23 constant crashing

It's not just Intel's, I downloaded the latest trial which adds Apple Silicone support and it has been locking-up constantly on my Mini M1, and it almost always happens while dragging something, even while adjusting sliders for very simple instructions such as rotating a primitive cube. Also the OS in general becomes very unstable after using C4D, from frequent Finder crashes and spinning wheels on rudimentary tasks. 

Interesting, if issues happen on M1 then Intel GPU theory is bunk and might be c4d side issue.   Dragging is handled by C++ (I think)  I'm assuming it is a memory leak of some sort?   Unfortunately with the holidays, developer investigation probably won't happen until later. 

I've been having the same instant crashes as well. The whole computer freezes and I cant do anything about it, no crash report, nada... 
It happens when I am dragging something, or animating something on the timeline.

I also noticed that the lines in the wireframe are blinking constantly whenever I move my camera around, maybe these two things are related? 

Im a bit desperate, because I am in the middle of a project, and I need C4D to run nicely as it was before this last update. 
Im also waiting on the support ticket response.

Well I had one of my favourite crashes this morning. I was working on a scene using Redshift and the machine just crashed and when I re-launched it asked me for a bug report which took ages then when I went to open the file it said it was corrupted and I couldn't open it. An hours work down the drain - I was fuming!

Fortunately I keep daily backups so I restored the file and then switched on auto backup which I find a bit annoying but in this instance I'd rather that than loosing files.

I am finding R23 even with the update rather buggy, usually it just freezes and I have to do a force quit. I think this is probably more to do with Redshift and C4D not playing nicely together. I might try a newer version of Redshift.

Hi I have the same probleme here, it crashes constantly. Tried everything suggested on this thread but so far I had no luck with it. Yesterday I thought clearing the preference solved it, because after that it worked but today it's crashing again. Also the shortcut for the bugreport seems not to work, like other people experienced as well. 

Fortunatley my old R20 licence is still active, so I'm switching back to that for now because I can't work like that, but I really hope this problem gets solved soon, I'll be checking this thread for updates 😄

Operating System and version: Windows 10 2004

GPU and CPU Make and model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-950H

Cinema4D version: R23.110 (RC) Student Version

What were you doing at time of crash: Happens randomly, for example when switching between view ports (or just moving in one viewport), unhiding all selected itmes or just while adding a loopcut or using the slide tool. 

Edited by Julia
Included more Infos (see edit history)

For those having issues please include the following,

Operating System and version:

GPU and CPU Make and model:

Cinema4D version:

What were you doing at time of crash:

It'll help narrow down where the problems are occurring. 

Thank you!

For example my issues,

macOS BigSur Beta 11.2

Intel Iris Pro, Quad i7

R23.110

Adding an object or spline.

It's a weird thing, but someone mentioned Wacom driver. So everytime I have my cintiq monitor off, I keep on getting these weird crashes, but if I keep my cintiq ON, the crashes magically disappear. 

Maybe it will help someone.

Hello,

Reporting similar issues. I am able to reproduce a crash pretty consistently by pressing middle-mouse click to switch from 4-up viewer windows to 1-up view windows. Tried deleting the prefs folder, but no luck. I do still have plugins installed, and HB Modeling tools, but not sure if they are the cause of this? Specs below.

Operating System and version: Windows 10 / 10.0.1836 Build 18363

GPU and CPU Make and model: Nvidia 1080ti x2 / Intel i7-6850K @ 3.6GHz

Cinema4D version: R23

What were you doing at time of crash: Middle click. I can consistently crash C4D by middle-mouse clicking to switch from 4-up viewer window, to 1 viewer window.

Hello everyone, 

I seem to be having the same issue as everyone else. I've tried deleting preferences and uninstalled the Wacom program from my system however C4D is still crashing my PC. Crashing seems to be happening when I am adjusting lights with Redshift render view on. Last time it crashed I was excluding objects from the project tab of the Redshift light. 

Operating System and version: Windows 10 OS build: 19041.685

GPU and CPU Make and model: GPU RTX 3090 (game ready driver version 461.09 have also tried latest studio driver) CPU Intel i7 7700k

What were you doing at time of crash: as above

Thank you

Hello,

Reporting similar issues. I am able to reproduce a crash pretty consistently by pressing middle-mouse click to switch from 4-up viewer windows to 1-up view windows. Tried deleting the prefs folder, but no luck. I do still have plugins installed, and HB Modeling tools, but not sure if they are the cause of this? Specs below.

Operating System and version: Windows 10 / 10.0.1836 Build 18363

GPU and CPU Make and model: Nvidia 1080ti x2 / Intel i7-6850K @ 3.6GHz

What were you doing at time of crash: Middle click. I can consistently crash C4D by middle-mouse clicking to switch from 4-up viewer window, to 1 viewer window.

I got the same behavior.
Only it seems to be a bit more consistent for ARTDIRECTIVE, then for me.
I can work maybe 5min on the file and suddenly, and always, when i middel-mouse click to change from 4 view back to the perspective view witch i have in upper left. It crashes.
It freezes.... maybe holding the freez for 20-30sec (feelslikeforever) then just closes, no errors, no report.

Operating System and version: Windows 10 Pro Build 18363

GPU and CPU Make and model: Nvidia 1080ti / Intel i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz

Cinema4D version: R23.110 Build RB330286

What were you doing at time of crash: Animating using the toonrig - Happens when i change view from quadview to fullscreen using middelmouse.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:45 AM, Cerbera said:

Do you have the SP1 service update - that fixes most of the modelling / UV editor problems.

And R23 is quite fussy about video drivers. You need the very latest Nvidia STUDIO driver, as opposed to the gaming ones.

CBR

Cebera -  I was just about to ask about nVidia drivers and you have answered my question! I have the latest service pack installed and that helped but I keep getting hangs when switching between windows like the preview window or the Redshift render window. Do you know if the studio drivers work with Redshift - I imagine that they would…

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community