C4D R23 constant crashing

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was optimistic about this and tried it out today… Actually seemed to make real-time feedback faster… Then it done the same old thing completely hung the machine and then crashed C4D twice…

I think I want a refund!

46 minutes ago, GazzaMataz said:

Well I was optimistic about this and tried it out today… Actually seemed to make real-time feedback faster… Then it done the same old thing completely hung the machine and then crashed C4D twice…

I think I want a refund!

Ah that really sucks.

Just to clarify, for your situation... In the Nvidia Control panel (like in the screenshot) all of the changes are bold? 

Screenshot 2021-04-06 214315.png

Willem

I have all of those settings except the 'OpenGL rendering GPU' which is set to 'Use global settings (Auto-select)' since I have two GeForce RTX 2800ti GPUs and didn't want to pick one in case Windows decided to use just one GPU for rendering instead of both of them - you never know!

When I have finished my major project at the end of April I am going to write a list of all the problems I have had and send them to MAXON to see if they can get their act together and fix them!!

Hi Willem
Good to see you again here. We already talked together on the Redshift forum and now I just found your possible solution here.

Strange thing was that after talking to you in the other forum, my problems got worse again, means, more crashes and when it crashes, again like at the beginning, I had to wait up to 3 minutes to be able to open task manager and close C4D because my system was completely frozen.

So, now I have new hope, I will try your solution and it hopefully helps as I soon have to start with the animation for my master project and I can't work well with the situation now.
I'll let you know if it works...

Just one question. Do you have Wacom drivers installed? Because in some posts I they write that also the Wacom drivers could cause the constant crashes...

Do you have any experience regarding that?

Thanks a lot for your research and for sharing your solution here!

1 hour ago, Matthias Huber said:

Just one question. Do you have Wacom drivers installed? Because in some posts I they write that also the Wacom drivers could cause the constant crashes...

Yea, for some it can definitely be the cause.

4 hours ago, Matthias Huber said:

Hi Matthias!

Yes, I did some tests without the Wacom drivers with the tablet disconnected. But r23 still crashed and froze.

Another user on this thread has some issues with an another brand tablet. MAXON support suggested to disable the 'Hi-Res Tablet' in the preferences. This worked in his case. 

1203766778_Screenshot2021-04-11143702.png.980b7767177d22a7adc4a0076ba9b6eb.png

At the moment I'm running Wacom driver (6.4.42.-2) without any problems but with Hi-Res Tablet disabled just to be sure. 

If C4D freeze, when you want to disable 'Hi-Res tablet', then you have remove/delete your preferences. Remember to make a backup of your plugins and library folder. Do I restart, disable the checkbox. Close C4D and put your Plugins and Library folder back.

• 1 month later...

MSI Afterburner and particularly RTSS hooks, are known to create major issues with several apps including C4D. Remove any monitoring you have and test again.

Remove RTSS first, by disabling the monitoring features from MSI AB first, and the try closing it, if that wont work. MSI Afterburner works fine on it's own as an OC app. The monitoring features, though, are doing some weird stuff.

• 1 month later...

hi guys

just a short update from my side. in the meanwhile I'm animating my master project and just at the right time, maxon released S24. I thought, in the best case, my crash-problems would disappear with the new version of cinema 4d, and it was really the case.
I've been animating now for at least 30 hours with no problems at all. 2 times crash when I pressed the "make preview" button. but not a crash like in the past with freezing the entire system for 2-3 minutes. only a crash in a sense of closing the software immediately, writing a bug report and I could instantly continue working.

so far, changing to the new cinema release solved all problems for me.

just wanted to let you know that 🙂

best
matthias

Well I have started to use S24 on a major four month project and so far so good. There are still a few little things going on but that might just be me not used to all the new nuances of the newer software…

Let's so how it goes when I am two weeks or so in 🙂

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community