C4D 9.5 compatibility ...

Okay, now that you’ve stopped laughing and composed yourself, here’s my question ...

What is the last MacOS that will run C4D 9.5?

I can currently running it on Snow Leopard, but I’m thinking and hoping it might be compatible with more “modern” ones.

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Igor said:

Huh, thats a tough question and I really have no idea, not even possibility to test, but I will see if I can find out something about it.

@Hrvojeany ideas?

Thanks, Igor!  I know it is a long shot.  I was just hoping someone out here was a long time user and might know.

R11 introduced 64 Bit support on OS X, something that is now a must to run on current OS X versions since 32 bit is not supported anymore. Mind you, until recently the Cinema 4D installer on OS X was still 32 bit so you would have to install older Cinema 4D versions on a system that supports 32 bit and then copy the installation over.

Have an image of R5 XL running on WIndows 10 🙂

1758646049_R5XL.thumb.PNG.fa40a855f0de9f652309e13ad7e3c554.PNG

5 hours ago, srek said:

R11 introduced 64 Bit support on OS X, something that is now a must to run on current OS X versions since 32 bit is not supported anymore. Mind you, until recently the Cinema 4D installer on OS X was still 32 bit so you would have to install older Cinema 4D versions on a system that supports 32 bit and then copy the installation over.

Have an image of R5 XL running on WIndows 10 🙂

So, are you saying that my best bet to get something that will run beyond Snow Leopard is to go to C4D R11?

1 hour ago, ChazG said:

So, are you saying that my best bet to get something that will run beyond Snow Leopard is to go to C4D R11?

The other way around, nothing before R11 will run on modern OS X versions. This is only 32/64 bit though there have been a lot of changes to OS X that might pose more problems, but i am the wrong person to help you there since i don’t use OS X myself.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community