Cloner + Dynamics Question

Hello,

I'm trying to find a simple way to make falling confetti that lands on a floor plane. I have a cloner set up with a dynamics tag on the clone and a random effector to have the starting rotation of the clones vary.

My question is there a way to give the falling clones some rotation? 

Thank you!

Edited by Cerbera
Moved to correct section - dynamics is the issue / question, Mograph is incidental ! (see edit history)

When you make something dynamic you effectively surrender control of it to dynamic forces, or have to achieve a balance between keyframed / effector animation and dynamics using the Follow Position / Rotation controls in the Forces tab of the Dynamics tag.

However, effector rotation won't look very natural, and confetti is very light, so you are better off using turbulence and wind forces to try and get some rotation into the sim rather than otherwise. If you are using aerodynamics, as you probably should be for confetti, that also affects rotation.

CBR

Thank you! I haven't had much luck with the forces since it affects the confetti once it lands. I did just spin my cloner and a circle and had the dynamics get triggered at peak velocity, and that seemed to do the trick.

Kkamin

Ah right - you want them all to spin as a whole, whirlwind style, rather than individually ? Yes, in that case my advice would be to do what you already did !

But if you did want to do it with forces, then you can always add a falloff to those so that they don't affect stuff on the ground...

CBR

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community