C4D on 3080 RTX Ryzen9 3900x

10 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

I was about to say I experienced similar issue with an old build but that was random power downs caused by faulty RAM. 

In your case you mention it's only when rendering in C4D that the issue occurs? If you have access to AE or render out anything in UE it works without issue?

You can take a look at your System logs in Event Viewer to see if there are any errors at the time of the failures. There might be some warning entries after it powers back up describing issue. 

Do a Windows search for Event Viewer

Twirl down Windows Logs > System

Check for Errors around the time of shutdown.

When highlighting an error you'll see an Event ID. Do a Google search for the Event ID and see if it gets any results describing the issue you're experiencing.

This is more for you to see if it helps identify the issue rather than actually resolving the issue.

image.thumb.png.bc04adbddfd3f8d0b5b4369a005605ad.png

ehy man, i ve done that yestarday and i am doing it again exactly as u said.
Its an error id 41.
I google it before and it talks about the pc powering down cuz of a stop error or cuz of the psu.
It does the same with UE4 when i work on big prjcts.
I am starting to wonder if the game max 80 plus gold is enough to handle my pc watts requirment. 

curious, what was the verdict on the RAM as the culprit? I think RAM issues will restart the machine rather than power down. Power supply, gpu drivers all sounded like good avenues to me when others commented on this. Perhaps, maybe even a bad software install if I was running down the list but you said that you tried r20 and r23, it would be weird if install was the case on two separate occasions. Are there other high performance programs(likehobbyist mentioned) that you run on the computer where you can reproduce the issue? 

I know that during a certain point renders can seriously upregulate their performance if the scene has simulated material or a large point count. If your temps were stable but then shuts down, perhaps it could still be the cpu auto protecting itself for high temps. I dont have experience in how quickly autotrigged cpu shutdowns respond so idk. But just trying to run through it how I might see it. good luck