What's the best YouTube channel to learn modeling in c4d

OSHY

Lols 🙂 Maybe 'do better' was the wrong phrase - I know it's not a competition, but the vids from those guys have been so good and so plentiful over the years I just don't think there's much to add that they haven't already covered admirably ! Just like I think Amazon are mad to remake Lord of The Rings when the PJ version exists, i just don't think we need the duplication !

CBR

Just now, Cerbera said:

Lols 🙂 Maybe 'do better' was the wrong phrase - I know it's not a competition, but the vids from those guys have been so good and so plentiful over the years I just don't think there's much to add that they haven't already covered admirably ! Just like I think Amazon are mad to remake Lord of The Rings when the PJ version exists, i just don't think we need the duplication !

CBR

Well, when you say it like that, then I could agree. 🙂

1 hour ago, contrafibbularities said:

Thanks for mentioning my YouTube channel in this thread - twice. 🙂

Sorry for the confusion. I had to create a new e-mail account because for the past six months or so my contrafibbularities e-mail was spammed so much I had to close it down. YouTube ties your e-mail address to your e-mail account and they changed my user name to Wolf3D. I updated my e-mail address at the Cafe, too, but didn't want to bother anyone to change my pseudonym, too. 

That would be awesome, and I agree, we would all learn a lot. However, my guess is no. Cerbera is very active here at the Cafe. I think he spends quite a lot of time offering his extremely competent support here. I imagine that leaves little time to start a video channel even if he wanted to. Making videos is very time-consuming, I can tell you that... Still, it's a nice idea, and I would be among the first to subscribe.

Nope. I do that, too. A lot. Nikomedia, Elementza, Digital Meat, and others. I often prefer that to watching some stupid movie on Netflix or Prime as well. 

Cheers,

Wolfgang

A big thanks to you Wolfgang.  Really enjoying your tutorials as they all hit the sweet spot of modeling tutorials for me: hard surface modeling, quad modeling technics, dealing with curved surfaces and sci-fi.

As for me: "Wolf 3D is must-see TV"

Should you wish to have T-shirts made with that slogan, I expect  $0.05 per shirt.  😉

I do agree with you about the probability on a Cerbera modeling channel on YouTube.  That would take him away from time at the Cafe so I am pretty certain we would all lose in the long run.

Thanks again!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

21 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

A big thanks to you Wolfgang.  Really enjoying your tutorials as they all hit the sweet spot of modeling tutorials for me: hard surface modeling, quad modeling technics, dealing with curved surfaces and sci-fi.

As for me: "Wolf 3D is must-see TV"

Thanks, Dave, I really appreciate it! 🙂 And I'm glad to hear that there still are a few people like you out there who enjoy watching C4D modelling tutorials. With all the changes that have taken place in the past 10 years in the 3D and C4D world, and with so many people switching to Blender, Modo, Fusion etc. for modelling, I am sometimes surprised that my videos are being watcht at least by a small audience. 

21 hours ago, Cerbera said:

...  but the vids from those guys have been so good and so plentiful over the years I just don't think there's much to add that they haven't already covered admirably ! Just like I think Amazon are mad to remake Lord of The Rings when the PJ version exists, i just don't think we need the duplication !

CBR

True. But then again, at least for me, tutorials are a lot about getting inspiration from others. And it's always interesting to see how someone else's mind works and how they tackle similar problems differently. As far as I'm concerned, there can never be enough. 🙂

I didn't know there was a new Lord of the Rings in the making. Interesting. Could prove to be a good example of how redundant duplication can be. I have my doubts, too, to be honest, that they'll pull off something that will be as good as the PJ movies. On the other hand, I liked the Amazing Spider-Man, for example, a lot more than the "original" from 2002.  So you could argue that duplication sometimes isn't so bad. What I'm wondering though, as far as modelling tutorials for C4D are concerned, is how long there will still be a big enough audience to make the effort of creating tutorials worthwhile. By comparison, modelling videos for Blender seem to attract an ever growing number of viewers. With C4D it's just the opposite.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

8 minutes ago, contrafibbularities said:

Thanks, Dave, I really appreciate it! 🙂 And I'm glad to hear that there still are a few people like you out there who enjoy watching C4D modelling tutorials. With all the changes that have taken place in the past 10 years in the 3D and C4D world, and with so many people switching to Blender, Modo, Fusion etc. for modelling, I am sometimes surprised that my videos are being watch at least by a small audience. 

What I'm wondering though, as far as modelling tutorials for C4D are concerned, is how long there will still be a big enough audience to make the effort of creating tutorials worthwhile. By comparison, modelling videos for Blender seem to attract an ever growing number of viewers. With C4D it's just the opposite.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

Interesting concerns....but I do think that growing a YouTube channel is an extremely difficult endeavor and favors those who got into it early enough before YouTube got saturated with content.  There is a huge amount of modeling content on YouTube on all programs so it is very hard to standout.  That is a crying shame as your work is really good.  Also, YouTube changed how content providers make money which probably explains why some are moving to private subscription training for new content like GSG and even Insydium.  This makes sense when you consider lots of competing training product generating very little revenue for those who created it.

So you are right to say that there is a dwindling audience for C4D but I don't think that has anything to do with C4D's modeling tools.  Just that there is a lot of content out there.  

Unfortunately, I have no insights in how to create/grow a YouTube channel....all I can do is promise you that I will be a frequent visitor!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

It's more like I see this general decline in interest in C4D modelling, not just with respect to my own videos. Sites like Vimeo have pretty much died down re C4D tutorials in general. Two years ago, that was completely different. And I actually preferred Vimeo because my channel there seemed to have an appeal mostly for a more professional clientele like motion graphics firms and movie people. I even got a few job offers there. YouTube is very different.

All of what you said is true though, and the massive amount of content available today certainly makes being seen more difficult. And I haven't figured out how to grow a YT channel yet. Then again, numbers are not really my concern, and I'm not actively looking for ways to grow my channel for the sake of growing it. It's more important who takes an interest in your videos, rather than how many hits you get anyway. In terms of quantity vs. quality of followers, Vimeo was the better platform for me. And as far as my YT numbers go, I really can't complain, I'm actually doing fairly well and much better than I expected. Today, my channel is more than 2.5 times bigger than it was a little over a year ago. 

I don't think modelling in C4D has a great future. I agree that, despite what many people claim, it's a really decent modelling application and, of course, fun to work with. Besides, my R18 tutorials still are applicable since the modelling tools haven't really changed since R18 was released. I will continue to use it for tutorials as long as I can, and apart from that as long as it's still running under Windows. Unlike you, I do believe that the dwindling audience has something to do with C4D's modelling tool set, among other things. It's not just what I see, I get feedback along those lines occasionally, too. Blender, e.g. is free, and with affordable and much more powerful add-ons like hard-ops and box cutter it has a much greater appeal for people what want to get into modelling or expand their modelling options. You can do cool and complex stuff much easier, never mind the topology you create. More and more people like to model like that rather than spend a lot of time on learning about SDS modelling and topology. It'll be interesting to see how MAXON develops C4D further, but I don't think that modelling will play a big role. C4D has other strengths, and as a company MAXON will likely focus on those rather than try and play catch up with  software like Blender. Only time will tell, I guess...

Anyway, thanks again for your support and for watching my channel!!!

Cheers,

Wolfgang

• 4 weeks later...

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community