Help with lighting/rendering a brown glass medical bottle in Octane

Hi,

I am struggling to light a simple front of pack brown medical bottle for e-commerce websites. I am generally happy with the lighting and the way the highlights work on the bottle but I feel the whole thing looks very matte even though there is next to no roughness on the glass material.

The light set up is a mix of two side lights for the main highlights. A HDRI for the ambient lighting plus the soft front highlight and a cheat light to brighten up the left side of the label. There is feathered 'soft box' image on the side lights so maybe this is causing the glass to look diffused and rough?

I am using Octane 4 and have attached the scene file with this post. 

I know this area is quite subjective but any tips or tricks would be much appreciated. Likewise any tutorials for indoor product studio lighting will be of great help.

Many thanks

Brown_Medical_Bottle.thumb.jpg.ebf3b107489f6879bc08713d0d5c81d3.jpg

1200015971_ScreenShot2021-01-12at08_52_11.thumb.png.a22164fa1868cd0f6cbea2d0aa120fc6.png

Brown_Medical_Bottle.c4d

Think about a real world photographic lighting softbox: yes, it does have some light fall off at the edges - but nothing like the 100% to 0% (white to black) falloff you have. That texture should be 100% in the centre - and maybe 90% at the edges. That will give you a harder edge lighting reflection which will be much more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your advice, I have removed basically all roughness from the glass material and removed the feathered image textures from two main lights. I have also removed the soft light from the front right and replaced with a more hard-edged soft box. I think the result is a lot more realistic now. Thank you again for your help! 

TEST3.jpg