Luminous waterfall

• Silver Contributor

Here is an old tutorial (2018) but in depth on water simulation using X-Particles....specifically on making a water fall.  He uses XP 3.5 though.

(1) Cinema 4D Seattle - Fluid Simulation in X Particles w/ Marvin Sanders - YouTube

My biggest take-away was that his cache files were huge -- around 4 to 5 Gb.  Here is a screen shot of the finished piece from his tutorial:

image.thumb.png.27cdb9da5285805247ec3bca04ab87e9.png

I think that is the same look that you are trying to achieve.

May I ask a simple question: A "free" copy of the latest X-Particles?  How did you come by that?

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

48 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Ecco un vecchio tutorial (2018) ma approfondito sulla simulazione dell'acqua usando X-Particles ... in particolare sul fare una caduta d'acqua. Però usa XP 3.5.

(1) Cinema 4D Seattle - Simulazione fluida in X Particles con Marvin Sanders - YouTube

Il mio più grande vantaggio è stato che i suoi file di cache erano enormi - da 4 a 5 GB. Ecco una schermata del pezzo finito dal suo tutorial:

Penso che sia lo stesso aspetto che stai cercando di ottenere.

Posso fare una semplice domanda: una copia "gratuita" dell'ultimo X-Particles? Come sei arrivato a questo?

Dave

Thank you very much for the reply, I see the tutorial immediately.

I simply have X particles for 30 days with the trial license.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:21 PM, 3D-Pangel said:

Here is an old tutorial (2018) but in depth on water simulation using X-Particles....specifically on making a water fall.  He uses XP 3.5 though.

(1) Cinema 4D Seattle - Fluid Simulation in X Particles w/ Marvin Sanders - YouTube

My biggest take-away was that his cache files were huge -- around 4 to 5 Gb.  Here is a screen shot of the finished piece from his tutorial:

I think that is the same look that you are trying to achieve.

May I ask a simple question: A "free" copy of the latest X-Particles?  How did you come by that?

Dave

Hi, unfortunately it does not really show how it is built, but from some notions that, although fundamental, do not manage to replicate a good effect. There's more?

Thanks

• Silver Contributor

Insydium does have its own YouTube channel: (1) INSYDIUM LTD - YouTube

Based on the 1 second video you provided, I am not sure if you are after a fluid simulation or a grain simulation:  I ask because in that video, the water appears more like a spray of water particles than a solid sheen of water.  The difference between fluids and grains is that in a fluid simulation the particles are skinned to create a solid which is then shaded to be clear.  In a grain simulation, the particles flow as a fluid but each is particle is still visible.  With varying levels of particle adhesion you can create a look between fine water spray to snow to sand and even concrete breaking apart. 

In any case, using the grain solver with a very low self-adhesion level may be something you want to learn more about.  You could start here

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.