My simulation shows the particles rotating but the actual render does not?

Love the product but I am having an issue.

My simulation shows the particles rotating but the actual render does not show any of the particles rotating. I have a texture on the particle and I want it to rotate with the simulation.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

unknown.png?width=306&height=240
image.thumb.png.c077f53bf78558f5b3129d284c8cdcde.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post scene file?

I think rotation of particles is just used as external data for some generator. For exmple you can use xpgenerator with few objects which will be generated and these will inherit rotation data of each particle...

Particle rotating itself around own axes doesn´t make sense since it´s particle/point not some "volume" object imho

Hi

Yo have to order your object generator to use the orientation from your particles. Usually the object generator doesn't carry any info about particles. You have to order it to use the rotation and scale from the emitter. your particle setup in the emmiter is fine. You just have to setup your generator, since that's the one that is going to be rendered.

Cheers

Joao Batista

prot.jpg

8 hours ago, jbatista said:

Hi

Yo have to order your object generator to use the orientation from your particles. Usually the object generator doesn't carry any info about particles. You have to order it to use the rotation and scale from the emitter. your particle setup in the emmiter is fine. You just have to setup your generator, since that's the one that is going to be rendered.

Cheers

Joao Batista

prot.jpg

Ok thanks for this, I set these parameters but it still seems to be spinning in the way I want it to spin. I think I am missing another step that I am aware of. Do i have to add a xpspin modifier?

I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. I can't get my textures to spin. I am using textures built in xp particles textures since I need those values for the illumination effect. It seems you made your textures with the material editor. Is that why my textures arent spinning?

image.thumb.png.e6640a91342a191b0e0490cc8f65dd52.png

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community