Telephone Arc Shape Modeling

Go to solution Solved by Cerbera,

57 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That looks pretty decent on the front now...

That backside is mostly fine too, but can you really not see how to solve that circled square ngon ? Cos it's only 1 more edge loop needed !

image.png.a63ca91817a6e6391f91813908597dfc.png

CBR

I got it. Can you teach me how to make the sharp corner?

Capture.JPG

Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Capture03.JPG

That's the wrong type of corner there isn't it !? You need a box corner instead OR you can use the 'borrowed edge' method to get the tightness from 2 neighbouring loops.  You will need to upload your model if you'd like me to fix that.

1712449953_SDSCornering..thumb.gif.20338d5634f2361f11eaf1735356bee4.gif

Inset cornering, SDS result, box cornering, SDS result.

CBR

16 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That's the wrong type of corner there isn't it !? You need a box corner instead OR you can use the 'borrowed edge' method to get the tightness from 2 neighbouring loops.  You will need to upload your model if you'd like me to fix that.

1712449953_SDSCornering..thumb.gif.20338d5634f2361f11eaf1735356bee4.gif

Inset cornering, SDS result, box cornering, SDS result.

CBR

Can you teach me how to use the 'Borrowed edge' method? Attaching my working file.

WallmountedPhone.c4d

In this specific case the borrowed edge method only works in one direction, and you can 'borrow' the edge loop to the right to reinforce tightness in that direction by sliding it towards the corner as shown. But as there is no loop to borrow in the other direction you need to add that, also shown...

image.thumb.png.0f3cf3407087a937bbad638d2ba87f9c.png

Obviously you'll need another one of the horizontal loops to also reinforce the lower corners (not shown)

CBR

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

In this specific case the borrowed edge method only works in one direction, and you can 'borrow' the edge loop to the right to reinforce tightness in that direction by sliding it towards the corner as shown. But as there is no loop to borrow in the other direction you need to add that, also shown...

image.thumb.png.0f3cf3407087a937bbad638d2ba87f9c.png

Obviously you'll need another one of the horizontal loops to also reinforce the lower corners (not shown)

CBR

Thanks so much!

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community