Anybody using U-Render?

I've been very curious about this render, specially because I feel it might give me a specific look I'm trying to achieve: 
Something that looks like it is running through a game engine (nice illumination but with jagged edges) 
is anybody using this render? 

Last year, after not being able to test the first time I got the trial, Benjamin from U-render gave me a second trial... but again, I got stuck in a project and wasnt able to test it properly! 😞 

So, if anyone uses it, can you share a bit of your experience? 
Is this similar to Eevee in Blender? 

Ola amigos. Not only that I use it, but I also test it and also work now for U-Render (was Maxon QA prior to that) to help them out. I guess you were not much here in past 3 months. 😊

We just released a new update with tons of bugs fixes and some workflow improvements.

52 minutes ago, FLima said:

Is this similar to Eevee in Blender? 

Yes indeed it is. As we are still pretty much a startup we are not at that level but pretty close. This year will be all about new architecture and features, which will give us an edge while still preserving nice C4D workflows. If you are interested in testing it, get in touch with Ben again and we will provide you with another trial.

28 minutes ago, Igor said:

Ola amigos. Not only that I use it, but I also test it and also work now for U-Render (was MAXON QA prior to that) to help them out. I guess you were not much here in past 3 months. 😊

We just released a new update with tons of bugs fixes and some workflow improvements.

Yes indeed it is. As we are still pretty much a startup we are not at that level but pretty close. This year will be all about new architecture and features, which will give us an edge while still preserving nice C4D workflows. If you are interested in testing it, get in touch with Ben again and we will provide you with another trial.

haha! I've been on and off over the past few months here in C4D Cafe! 🙂
That sounds amazing actually. I think this specific look that the render has, and the fact that is real time and integrated with C4D, sounds amazing!

I tested very quickly last year, for a few minutes, and I remember there was a separate window for the render, but now it is integrated right?

I would love to test it again! 🙂

Awesome, I would like to hear your insights. Stay tuned as trial licence coming your way. Until then you can check latest tutorial I made for the release and some quick tips from Peter and Angela. 

https://youtube.com/c/URENDER

Feel free to give any feedback you might have once you try it, we would really appreciate it, me especially. 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Freemorpheme said:

When are you guys changing the name to something sexy and inviting? That will be the first step to big adoption, trust me, people are shallow, and there is nobody shallower than me. 

These days it's not that easy to change a company name, so I doubt it's gonna happen any time soon. Maybe it's just me, but I like the name so far. ☺️

@Igor I have a question, are you planning a floating license? In my studio, it is very inconvenient to buy a license assigned to only one computer, because depending on the orders, we change tasks between different workstations, especially now, when sometimes you have to work from home. First, we would have to test the U-renderer in a project and see when it makes sense to implement it in our production. If it could be connected to MAXON licenses, it would be so convenient! Then you use the program on this computer where you will assign the license.

@Arte First, thank you for your feedback and second, some questions for you if you dont mind. 🙂  For floating licenses, are you willing to install and manage a license server on your local network?  Do you need floating licenses only at your office or also for remote workers? Do they have access to your local network (e.g. through VPN)? Do you have internet access on the workplaces that need floating licenses for or are they offline?

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community