Anybody using U-Render?

1 hour ago, Igor said:

@Arte First, thank you for your feedback and second, some questions for you if you dont mind. 🙂  For floating licenses, are you willing to install and manage a license server on your local network?  Do you need floating licenses only at your office or also for remote workers? Do they have access to your local network (e.g. through VPN)? Do you have internet access on the workplaces that need floating licenses for or are they offline?

Hello @Igor🙂

Sure you can ask. 🙂 For me, the more convenient way is online license management. We used to want to run the license server on our server, but since MAXON gave nice access to its my.MAXON site it has become redundant. The Redshift license is also managed by this portal, which is very convenient. The X-particle license is also controlled by the network, it is not as convenient as my.MAXON, because you have to remember to release the license on one station to take it on the other. It is troublesome when you forgot to free it on your laptop at home - it cannot be taken over remotely. So we don't have a license server. If it is not necessary then I would prefer it to be internet management. When working at home, we do not use a VPN, at the moment it is more convenient for us to run a cloud service on our server (it works similar to OneDrive or Google Drive).
That's why I need a license that works in the office, but you can also switch to home.
All employees have access to the Internet at all times, both at home and in the office. However, it would be good not to cut off work opportunities in the event of an internet failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback @hikarubr I agree with you, but I feel there is sometimes a misconception of what U-Render is and how to work with it. There is no doubt we need to do more and we will and we are doing them as we speak. One thing people need to understand is that  gaming engines are stand alone softwares and have all the freedom to do and optimize things as they want, not to mention man power. We are bound to C4D which have its own pros and cons. I personally see a lot of potential too, that's why I joined the team last year, coming from Maxon, but for some things we will need a bit more time. Its not everything about big features, we also need to make sure workflows are right for the app we support, plus bug free as much as possible. One of the reason why we introduced a dedicated layout in latest update is to create a fundation which will provide us with an opportunity to do more unique things like new Smart Presets which have some unique features when applying them. If you watch a tutorial about new layout I recorded you will see what I am talking about. Anyway, keep watching our progress and I am sure you will be happy as we push forward. We will also soon announce our new Discord channel so we can have even more close communication with everyone. 🙂 

Interesting, didn’t know about it. But I see it only supports C4D 21 and downwards. Looks good too, Ill test it tomorrow and let you know my findings, I am really curious now. 🙂

• 7 months later...