Caustics on Infinity stone?

I can't even remember the settings on the above pictures with the spot light but i do remember that is fire fly were really really bad. at first i was like is that noise? nope it was 1000,s of white dots. I know about not doing all white maybe i will try again 

That's odd for sure. In Corona, you have to enable Caustics in the render settings AND in the stone's Material as well. Maybe Octane works similarly. Also, look at the scale of your scene. With this type of rendering effect, you should try to keep things real-world size. Since that stone isn't real, just make it the size of your fist for starters..

If you replace the Infinity stone with a basic object, do you get caustics? At least will tell you if it's your settings, or Octane doesn't like that objects. There are a million places for light to bunch. Maybe it's too much for a GPU engine. Not sure.

I don't know a lot on this topic. But i re formatted my computer updated to R23 went to my account in Otoy and downloaded the latest ver. open up the Original caustic scene took the cup out but this time i applied the his material used to make the whiskey and not the glass material used for the cup set my size to 13/13/13cm and not 10/10/10cm  and well take a look.

1132385955_Causticsnow.png

I Let it go over night on the still. I think about 5 hours to let all the noise clear out.  I am about to do another one. So i Guess I will get an exact time and post it. Keep in mind I am on a 2080. a 3080 would be a 50% reduction in time before octane 2021 2x light noise reduction.

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community