Cinema 4D Indie version - What's your opinion about this?

Cinema 4D Indie version  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a C4D Indie version?

• Yes, Cinema 4D is too expensive compared to other packages and I've switched to another package or I am planning to do so.
    • Yes, Cinema 4D is too expensive compared to other packages but I'm not planning to switch to another package.
    • No, Cinema 4D is not too expensive and there's no need for a Indie version.
    • I'm not sure about this / I don't care.

11 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

Eugh, that sucks.

But I can't say that $2,99 is a lot. I certainly wouldn't have minded if I had to pay that during my time at the university.

I agree, as I said above, its not a lot of money.

But the attitude is what matters. Why create obstacles for your future clients?

It's obvious that MAXON does not care about educators and students - which in the long run, it will mean Cinema4D will become obsolete. 

Let's number all the anti-educator/student/recent-graduate decisions of MAXON:

1 - They charge the student for an student license (Autodesk doesn't. Blender is free)

2 - They charge the school for educational licenses (again, Autodesk doesn't. Blender is free)

3 - They got rid of the C4D Prime and Bodypaint 3D, which were very affordable versions of C4D, ideal for recent graduates. 

4 - There is no plan for a C4D indie version.

5 - In the educational version you can't disable that annoying starting page, with tutorials for beginners. Even if you are the professor, with more than a decade of Cinema4D experience.

6 - When you complain about point 5, the costumer manager condescendingly tells you that you should be happy, because that's a fair trade for a free license - never mind that my school PAID for the educational license that I use. 

I think there is a serious danger of Cinema 4D going the way of BodyPaint 3D - once the industry standard tool for texturing painting, now just a distance memory, a curiosity. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it that Houdini, 3ds Max and Maya all have very affordable and powerful indie versions and C4d does not?   When I purchased c4D studio (R17) it came with two years of MSA free. So I p

I'm in the first camp, have already switched to Blender. I used to teach Cinema 4D and now I teach Blender, mainly to beginners. MAXON is completely overlooking that group of people, they have nothing

What is really scary is that Greyscale Gorilla is now going the 100% subscription route.  All perpetual license sales are ending.  As an owner of their plugins (Signal and GorillaCam) they will only s