Problem with UVW mapping ? (Octane)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please correct your profile, which is showing misleading version information. You are not using R18 or Prime !

Also, the screenshot shows us the problem but not the reason for it, and it could be a number of things causing this, either an issue in the model, a phong break thing, or lastly a UV problem. You have given us no know way to know which it is because you didn't upload the scene file.

CBR

• Cerbera changed the title to Problem with UVW mapping ? (Octane)
15 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Please correct your profile, which is showing misleading version information. You are not using R18 or Prime !

Also, the screenshot shows us the problem but not the reason for it, and it could be a number of things causing this, either an issue in the model, a phong break thing, or lastly a UV problem. You have given us no know way to know which it is because you didn't upload the scene file.

CBR

thanks ill upload the scene file 

Ok, I am gonna guess this is a game model not made in or for Cinema 4D. There is no problem with the model (providing you don't care about problem topology like triangles and ngons) and it has been UV mapped in the gaming style, where both halves of the face polys are directly overlaying each other, and this, combined with the way that Cinema deals with normal maps is causing this problem. It probably wasn't an issue in the app that created this, but it is in Cinema, and if this is the same problem I have seen before then it's bad news because there isn't anything you can do about it that doesn't involve redoing both the UVs and the textures.

CBR

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ok, I am gonna guess this is a game model not made in or for Cinema 4D. There is no problem with the model (providing you don't care about problem topology like triangles and ngons) and it has been UV mapped in the gaming style, where both halves of the face polys are directly overlaying each other, and this, combined with the way that Cinema deals with normal maps is causing this problem. It probably wasn't an issue in the app that created this, but it is in Cinema, and if this is the same problem I have seen before then it's bad news because there isn't anything you can do about it that doesn't involve redoing both the UVs and the textures.

CBR

Sir, thanks about this , sure feel sad knowing cant do any for solve this problem but the helping was fast, ill learn more about this , thanks 

You're welcome. I don't have Octane myself so can't test further but perhaps someone who does have it can suggest an option you can set in the Normal channel that may solve it ?

Have you tried changing the normal direction settings in there ? Also worth getting latest version of R23, as it may have fixed in SP1 since the post I saw...

CBR

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

You're welcome. I don't have Octane myself so can't test further but perhaps someone who does have it can suggest an option you can set in the Normal channel that may solve it ?

Have you tried changing the normal direction settings in there ? Also worth getting latest version of R23 as it may have fixed in SP1 since the post I saw...

CBR

i try , i change all normal map setting in octane nodes, but cant change , the only option can do it its deleting UVW tag 

Just now, bezo said:

Did you tried different method for normal ma mapping. I don´t have Octane, but when convert material to standard c4d material and use normal map in "object" mode, there´s no distortions on the face...

face.png.77d7ac34f27f6eca2f3408c98e26069e.png

yeah i do, i watch how octane render adapt the normal map and everthing is good , idk why when i render, the problem apears