Houdini Tests and Impressions

Guest Igor

@DasFrodo well done man, keep it up. I also managed do finish the project I wanted. Only thing missing on the guy are micro details, like scratches etc.. That will come a bit later. Working weekend begins after 4 days of absence. :cowboypistol: 

As its still work in progress, I will restrain myself of saying the name of the character and the story behind, that will come later. 😊

image.png

2 minutes ago, Lonchaney said:

Very nice indeed! Did you use Redshift for the final renders?

Yep!

I used the built in Karma Render for a couple of days but I don't like it... it's pretty slow as far as I could tell and I didn't feel like learning another render engine.

Redshift compatibility is actually one of the main reasons I upgraded from Apprentice to Indie. That, and exporting stuff 😆

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

• Customer

Oh good stuff @Igor!

In between School of Motion courses I started the "Stop Being Afraid of Houdini" but had to take a break from that while completing the latest course. 

I didn't get far into it and just put one render together based totally on the lesson. Houdini seems really awesome and looking forward to get more into it very soon. 

I think I used Redshift for this render but could be mistaken. It took ages lol

9 hours ago, hobbyist said:

In between School of Motion courses I started the "Stop Being Afraid of Houdini" but had to take a break from that while completing the latest course. 

Glad to hear that, hopefully you will continue so we have more guys to talk with about it. 🙂

17 hours ago, hobbyist said:

Oh good stuff @Igor!

I didn't get far into it and just put one render together based totally on the lesson. Houdini seems really awesome and looking forward to get more into it very soon. 

I think I used Redshift for this render but could be mistaken. It took ages lol

Very cool! I don't think you rendered that with Redshift though since that wouldn't take ages 😉

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

• Customer
1 hour ago, DasFrodo said:

Very cool! I don't think you rendered that with Redshift though since that wouldn't take ages 😉

Cheers Das! Yeah I'd say you're right there 😅. I was finishing some Ascent lesson around that time which were in Redshift so most likely needed the license for those renders.

2020 such a blur. 

Looking forward to seeing more Houdini+ content here and contribute to it! 💪

1 hour ago, DasFrodo said:

I think we could start uploading the HIPs as well if we post something. I think that'd help out everybody.

Good idea, why not! 🙂 

On 4/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Igor said:

@DasFrodo well done man, keep it up. I also managed do finish the project I wanted. Only thing missing on the guy are micro details, like scratches etc.. That will come a bit later. Working weekend begins after 4 days of absence. :cowboypistol: 

As its still work in progress, I will restrain myself of saying the name of the character and the story behind, that will come later. 😊

image.png

really well done Igor and I take it all quads? Mantra is S L O W and Karma is still in development/beta stage so it is slow and has bugs.

on SideFx site people generally do not comment on modeling, mainly on Fx stuff. I've posed stuff, get 100+ views but zero comments so I remove them after about two months. SIGH

33 minutes ago, bobc4d said:

really well done Igor and I take it all quads? Mantra is S L O W and Karma is still in development/beta stage so it is slow and has bugs.

on SideFx site people generally do not comment on modeling, mainly on Fx stuff. I've posed stuff, get 100+ views but zero comments so I remove them after about two months. SIGH

All quads my friend, spent 3 days, but I have learned a lot so it was wort it. Now I am in the process of getting nice UVs and exporting to Substance Painter and creating decent textures for Renderman.

image.pngimage.png

If you have things to share, feel free to post them here. 🙂

• Guest pinned this topic
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community