Houdini Tests and Impressions

Guest Igor

Okay, if I understood your issue, you cant get Bump to work. What you need to do is to make sure that Effect Scale are really low 0.0XX.

Houdini uses parameters a bit differently. Usually if you see 1 in the parameter box, its considered as a big value, so try to use smaller values where makes sense, like with bump maps and displacement maps and texture maps in general. Like in this case, for me value 0.02 works nicely!

In the viewport, 1 is actually considered as 1 meter.

image.png

On 4/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Igor said:

@DasFrodo well done man, keep it up. I also managed do finish the project I wanted. Only thing missing on the guy are micro details, like scratches etc.. That will come a bit later. Working weekend begins after 4 days of absence. :cowboypistol: 

As its still work in progress, I will restrain myself of saying the name of the character and the story behind, that will come later. 😊

image.png

very well done Igor. very nice model

2 minutes ago, bobc4d said:

very well done Igor. very nice model

Thanks Bob, I spent a lot of time on it, but learned a lot in the process, so it payed of. 🙂 

Umm...

Not sure what the issue is - apart from it definitely being 'user error' !

I can get the bump - but I get a faceted object - like there was no poly smoothing. It might be lighting / shadow related possibly.

A Normal map works fine, displacement also works fine.

I couldn't get any of the VEX builder nodes to work - the shader was looking for a texture string input, but all the relevant texture / bump nodes only seemed to offer colour / float / vector.

Anyway - onwards and upwards.

• Guest pinned this topic
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Copyright Core 4D © 2023 Powered by Invision Community